Reefmonkey's Fuge...New residents and pic update!

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by reefmonkey, Apr 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

The water is almost level with the top of the crate. I was like noway my self but she pulled herself up on it and let the current do the rest.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Unbelievable, i didn't think they had that ability.

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I'll set the camera on vid tomorrow and we'll see if she goes again. ;)

5. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Frustrating for you but funny too.
    Is hard to believe she'd do it even.

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I'm headed to Sioux Falls to buy the 1.5 gallon cube today. The Eshopps overflow will be here tomorrow and I'll install it on Thursday. Found a pipefish in the return area of my sump last night. Also found another dead pony. This one was sticking out of one of the holes in the spray bar in my DT. :(

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Got the little bitty tank and some fake eel grass. I'm gonna steal the substrate and water for it from the system the pony's are in now so hopefully there will be barely a cycle. Actually getting the 1.5 gallon was probably the best thing I've done in awhile because my wife really thinks it's 'cute' and wants one for her desk. She's even claimed 8 of the first brood born in the new tank. I'll get a monkey hooked on her back yet and then it'll be smooooooth sailing LOL ;D

8. Click Here!

9. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Suprise bonus preempted for a bit

Got everything in the fuge torn down and gone through so no ponies would be left behind. Out of the original 12 only five remain and I haven't had time to sex them yet so no idea if I even have a possible breeding pair left.
    A new thread will begin for the dwarves for any of you that may have been casually following along and a place to keep track of them for myself.
    In the move I even took all of the chaeto out of my sump and found 1 small dwarf which is probably the only survivor of the two broods born in my system. Xerxes is gone as is his mate. The chaeto also had a pipefish in it so I'm happy to say they both at least are alive and now in the 1.5 gallon.
    I wanted a pair of Keys H. Erectus to take the place of the dwarves in the fuge but considering the current wreck down there that seems unlikely and I'll end up buying a captive bred pair from seahorsesource.com.
    Another change to the fuge is that I cut 2 inches of height off of the mangrove island. It was always too tall for my liking I was just to lazy to remove and recut it. lol
    Found 3 dead trees and moved two others down into the 1/2 mile to help nutrient export in Buck's tank. That leaves me 18 trees in the fuge.

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Well after the disaster with the DIY overflow failure I put in an Eshopps PF-300 today and cut the diy pos down into usable scrap.
    [​IMG]

Since the title is misleading now I guess I better work on putting another suprise in there considering the ponies and pipefish have been relocated to smaller, more suitable quarters. I really want a pair of H. Erectus particularly from the Keys but don't know if that will be happening anytime soon.
    Heres a FTS of how it looks now. For all that are curious...Bristleworm find Ulva to be a delicacy. LOL
    [​IMG]

11. Blaz3dup

Blaz3dup Feather Duster

Lookin good ReefMonkey! I like the Mangroves bein up of the bottom like that... it looks great!... any pics of the new horse stable?

12. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

this is awesome! i am jealous