Reefmonkey's Fuge...New residents and pic update!

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by reefmonkey, Apr 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Sorry to hear of your troubles with them hope the other fish don't catch it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

The other remaining four are doing very well. I've been watching closely and none show any signs of the condition the one had. *fingers crossed*

4. Dr. Bergeron

Dr. Bergeron Peppermint Shrimp

I feel like cardinals in general are pretty finicky when you first get them, especially with eating; but once you have them for a week they're hardy and good to go.

Hopefully the other 4 remain fine. Fuge looks awesome.

1 person likes this.
  5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I'm starting to see why they are popular. I love how when the lights are on they just do their own thing in the shadows and overhanging roots. As soon as the lights go off they pack up and begin hunting. It's awesome.

6. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

This fuge is amazing. That one of those situations where you have to choose between sitting and watching your DT, or the fugue bellow it. Lol. Having a more self reliant enclosed Eco system is just cool. Sorry about your recent losses.:( As for the PJ's, they are fun to watch. And a neat looking fish too.

1 person likes this.
  7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Actually it's on the same level as the DT. It sits to left of the display in it's own stand. I oversized the return pump to move enough flow to the up and over to the fuge and keep the flow in the dt high.

8. Click Here!

9. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

Aaa haaa. Indeed. Very nice.

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

There's a link to the 'transformation' on the first page if you're interested in seeing it.

11. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

Yeah that's a little nicer than a rubbermaid container, lol. Nice thread. I have to ask what krylon paint you used. I've been wondering whether spray paints are safe for in aquariums or not. I really don't know what paints in general can leech into your system. I just ordered a fuge pack from reef cleaners and was looking for ways to support mangroves. When I saw egg crate idea I wondered if it could be safely painted black.

12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Krylon Fusion is perfectly safe. Just let it cure for a day or longer for the best results. That mangrove support in my fuge is white eggcrate painted with it.