Reefmonkey's Fuge...New residents and pic update!

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by reefmonkey, Apr 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Yeah theres a thread on it. It should be in my sig but I don't know why that's not showing now :angry: Nothing has been working right since I tricked out my profile page. Guess I'll have to look around there tomorrow and see what I clicked or "unclicked" lol

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I haven't updated this thread for quite a while so figured today would be a good one to do so. I had decided a couple of months ago that I was going to put Banghaii Cardinals in the display fuge. I know they like alot of rock but I figure that the tangled mess of mangrove roots would be just a good of hiding spot. I was supposed to trade some Xenia frags for them at my LFS but after a couple weeks of not getting my fish in, getting my fish and then selling them and then cutting a deal that required I empty my frag rack, I just took the 7 frags in and made a trade for 6 Pajama's. It actually worked out real good for me cuz I got a treat for my mantis and a pretty good sized hammer.
    Pics of the fuge as it looks today and of the fish coming soon. :)

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Sounds like a good trade. Can't wait for the pics.

5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

The fuge as it looks today. I shortened the mangrove island by 2 1/2 inches.
    [​IMG]

Some shots of the PJ's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Nice shots and fuge, like the dusters, too

1 person likes this.
  7. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Haha that fuge is crazy cool! Gotta give you props for that.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Awesome fuge!! Really cool. Those pjs are so tiny!! Congrats.

1 person likes this.
  10. Blaz3dup

Blaz3dup Feather Duster

Once again... lookin good monkey! Glad to see you got some more movement in the fuge'...

1 person likes this.
  11. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Thank you all for the compliments! Hopefully these PJ's will breed and have a few that live. They are pretty popular fish around here, just like the xenyia. One of the frags sold before my fish were even bagged. lol

12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I've lost two of the PJ's so far. The first one was harassed to death by the other five. I had arranged to return it to the LFS but it was to beat up and died in the night. The second death was kind of puzzling. It ate well and was one of the two adult sized fish. A couple of days ago I noticed that it's tail and part of the flesh right before the tail looked "bleached" but it was swimming and eating normally. Yesterday morning the "bleached" area had spread to half the body but the fish was still eating and swimming fine. Last night when I fed the fish was just under the surface of the water. It had no interest in eating and could not swim down when I tried to net it. I set up an emergency QT using water from my system but when I went to move the fish over it was dead. I hope whatever infection it had isn't contagious.