ReefBreeders Photon 16

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Oryo, Feb 13, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Oryo

Oryo Feather Duster

I needed an upgrade on my lights since (Eventually) I'm going to give it a shot with corals after doing FOWLR for over 20 years. I purchased the ReefBreeder Photon 16 on sale really cheap that I couldn't resist and had to buy. I'm currently trying to upgrade stuff on my tank to make it more reef ready for corals.

I'm a total newbie with corals and plan to start off slow but now that I purchased these lights I have no idea what setting I should have them on for both channels for when I do get corals. Anybody out have the ReefBreeders Photon series lights? I love that you can adjust the power to each channel either every 30 minutes or every hour.

What settings would you recommend on these lights for corals? I have them set on what came with the setting but just changed the times on them.. I think they are too bright and have them at 100/100 at their peak.

I currently have them set to turn on about 11 am for moonlights (chan 1) and then chan 2 go on about 2 pm. Both lights go on for about 8 hours when chan 2 shuts off at 10 pm. Chan 1 moonlights start ramping down from 10 pm to 12 am.

I have a 36 gallon bow front corner tank that is about 18" from top of sand to top of water.. The lights seem to cover almost the entire tank except the 2 front corners of the tank. There is light in those locations but not as strong as the rest of the tank.