REEFBREEDERS LIGHT! chime in if you have it.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Toallhisdoom, Jul 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

You would be better off with 2, which will allow an sps dominant tank. One of the 120 watt fixtures will cover sps in the middle, and lps/softies around the edges.

2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

OK. Well i am not really a fan of sps anyways. I mostly like softies. Guess ill just get another of the value 120W one then. And i dont think that group buy is going anywhere. I think everyone on here already ordered from you! haha

4. Reef Breeders

Also, the proce on the 2:1 ratio light is MORE than what we charge :)

5. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

For the 40B what optics would you suggest? 120w value rgb fixture.

6. bhazard

bhazard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

You're absolutely right. Best bins, customer service, there is a lot more provided as a retailer.

Now just get them to start using all the XT-Es including white for you, or even offering built in controllers, and you guys can basically run away with a good portion of the led market from cost conscious yet value and performance driven buyers.

I had to go DIY to build what is basically going to be the Supernova. Most fixtures on the market don't cut it in performance/spread for the price.

7. Reef Breeders

We tried to get the XT-Es, they said 6 weeks and they would need us to buy the roll of 1000 (about 2.5-3 grand). The advantage of the supernova over diy is that it uses a pcb, rather than a bunch of stars, (basically tiny pcbs), which allows for better LED placement and heat transfer to the heatsink. Good Luck with your diy build, I will be looking out for the results.

8. Click Here!

9. Reef Breeders

Bridgelux or Cree? On the cree, 90's, which are the widest option, on the bridgelux, 120s, which will get better spread. 90s will offer a slight par increase, but you will need to raise your fixture more, which is why the increase is only slight.

10. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Here is the reefbreeders light next to my radions. Its a little more purple ish because there aren't as many channels, but its pretty darn close and alot better than my last stopgap.

[​IMG]

11. Reef Breeders

Looks Good! How is it comparing to the radions, as far as power?

1 person likes this.
  12. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Those radions are using the 20k preset at 65% or 70%. I have the RBG channel up 100% and the whites at about 20% maybe. Apparently all my fish like the new light because they are all hanging out in that 1/3 of the tank....