REEFBREEDERS LIGHT! chime in if you have it.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Toallhisdoom, Jul 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

No noticeable growth yet, but then again, I wasn't getting much with either t-5 unit either. I'm sure things will take off once everything adjusts to the lights. They have only been overhead for a week from, well, right now.

2. Click Here!

3. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

So my lights came in today and all I can think to say is...holy mother of brightness! These are some seriously bright lights! I am not going to be able to get a par meter until next week so I am not going to put them over my 55 gallon yet. But, that is not stopping me from putting them over my 29 gallon! Which is what I did! One of the boxes was a little damaged on one corner but the lights were packed so well it did not make any difference. The lights work flawlessly! The knows are very smooth and easy to turn, the fans are whisper silent and did I mention that the lights were BRIGHT!!! Well, judge for yourself. Before pic shows the 3 eocxotic par-38 bulbs that I have on the 29 gallon right now. I simply hung the new light below them however, I will most likely raise them up 6-8 more inches once I have them over my 55 gallon. These things rock! The PAR has got to be off the chart up close! Love them already! I will most likely start my own thread complete with par readings and the like once I get them installed. One thing is for sure, the leather coral's didn't like them real bright, they all closed once I went above 25%. Pics below.

[​IMG]
    Damaged Box

[​IMG]
    Packed Very Well

[​IMG]
    Very Bright

[​IMG]
    29 Gallon with ecoxotic lights

[​IMG]
    Lowest setting for both lights

[​IMG]
    About 20% for each light, notice all the leather's are now closed! Bright light! Bright light!

[​IMG]
    About 30% for each light

[​IMG]
    Maybe 40%, didn't go any brighter than that!

[​IMG]
    Whites only

[​IMG]
    Blue's only, the coral's really pop with just the blue's

More than enough coverage for my 29 gallon with only 1 light! I may have to order another one to put over my 29 gallon. Anyone wanna buy some par-38 bulbs? He-he!

4. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I love the all blue look over the tank. The colors really stand out.

5. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Gosh they sure do don't they! Had these zoas that honestly kind of hated cause they were so dull looking... just kind of brown with maybe a tad of white in them. Well, they aint brown no more. Unfortunately not getting a good pic of them but they now have a green hue around the outside with orange centers. Very very cool looking actually. I will say i wish i had the money to hang two over my tank. I have a center brace and it's going to bug me for sure. plus with the amount of LR in my tank it gets a bit dark on the edges. also having to have it so high there is all kinds of light spillage onto the floor. Think it would be waaaaay better if i threw optics on two units a few inches off the water. oh well... this will do way better than what i had for now. i'll post some pics later.

6. bhazard

bhazard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I used a Reefbreeders value fixture for a bit, and I liked it. It had a nice color spread, although I recently sold it because I needed to use optics since I was hanging it over an open tank 6" or more. Light will shoot all over the room if you don't have the optics.

With that said, I believe these lights might just be resold by Reefbreeders from one of the several factories in China offering these direct. There is a huge thread on this in another forum.

Although this model is just blue:white, you can request any kind of optics and the same light spread, and they will build it for you.

16000K Moonlight 120w Dimmable LED Aquarium Light,detachable plugs,85 260V Input-in Pet Products from Home & Garden on Aliexpress.com

You can also see they also make a Cree light similar to the Cree value fixture. You would have to request the reds and greens

Aliexpress.com : Buy Dimmable 120w Cree Aquarium Led Lights,Cree XP series leds(Royal blue) from Reliable dimmable led aquarium suppliers on TOP LED Lighting Manufacturer

The final one is the other new Cree coming in that Reefbreeders will be offering, but it is available now here:

Aliexpress.com : Buy Blue to White 2:1,Upgrade Version 72watt M LED Aquarium Light Dimmable CREE LED Aquarium Light from Reliable led aquarium light suppliers on TOP LED Lighting Manufacturer

I'm not saying not to buy the Reefbreeders light, its just you can buy these types of lights from the same places directly if you decided to. The benefit of Reefbreeders would be the aquarium controller modification they would implement for you. I don't see a specific warranty stated, but Reefbreeders would offer support from the US as well.

7. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

wow 140$ and we all spent 180. grrrrr

could have gotten that cree one for 188$!

you make me angry

8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I much prefer customer service. I got a Cree one from Reefbreeders, and as soon as I get motivated Ill hang it and take some pictures, Anemone was incredibly helpful and made sure to give me options and the best fit for my current and future needs. Thats well worth the price of a movie ticket.

10. Toallhisdoom

yea yea yea i feel the same way! i just am so cheap! its like my goal in life to get everything as cheap as possible. hahaha

but yea he is a good guy and i will deff buy my next one from him. basically because he is a sponsor here now, and a very helpful guy.

How would that new cree one for 199 do over a 40B frag tank you think? Anemone what say you?

11. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Guys keep in mind, we deal with the manufacturer directly, and as a retailer, have access to better led bins, fans and drivers, that are not offered to smaller orders. We also inspect every unit, making any neccessary repairs. We handle customer service in the us, and stand by our 2 year warranty. We do the job of listening to the customers, which in or opinion is very much worth the little extra we charge.

12. Toallhisdoom

agreed! well said anemone! now i demand an answer to my question! :p lol