REEFBREEDERS LIGHT! chime in if you have it.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Toallhisdoom, Jul 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Ok so just want to see how everyone is liking their new light? Please post up what you like, and what you dont like. How you tank looks, and how your corals are reacting.

I think it is a good looking fixture and is super bright! 1 thing i do not like is the dimmer knobs. I find it hard to tell exactly what % of light it is set at.

I am guessing that the blue is around 60% and white around 30%.

My corals look great! My acans orange really pops! The green star polyps look super green! And i do enjoy the shimmer look. (With all colors on)
    Toadstool shows more polyps popping out(has not been out since i have bought it)
    All my other corals are basically dead from the T5 i had that was garbage.
    Orangeish monti seems to already be showing some new growth!
    Torch coral has opened up a lot more as well!

My fish even look better under this light! My coral beauty now has a lighter blue strip along all her fins that i never saw before! Super pretty.
    When only the blues are on all the fish just look blue. Its very strange. haha

Cant comment on coral growth yet because i have only had it for about a week. But will update on this later.

Pic of my tank with just the blue on right after i hung the light!
    And then at around 11 this morning when all the lights are on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. rlman41299

rlman41299 Skunk Shrimp

I love mine. I have mine on. 29g frag tank. Will post pictures soon.
    I share your comment on the dimming knobs, you never know what intensity the leds are at. I amguessing mine are at 10% white and 30% blue running for 8 hrs per day.
    Mostly z and p on the frag and a couple of sps frags and everything is responding well to the lights better than the boostled i had before. Z and p and opening up better and looks bigger than before.

4. Toallhisdoom

awesome! thanks for the post! i am worried i have mine at 2 high of intensity for acclimating. I may turn it down tonight. I just need a step ladder to even see the knobs! hahah

when i think about the quality of the light compared to the price it was one heck of a deal! and with a 2yr warranty how can you beat it? Also the light has some weight to it! Very solid light! Feels sturdy and strong and not afraid of handling it.

5. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Curious, to those of you who now have this fixture, does anyone have a par meter to take some unbiased readings? The specs I saw before were provided by anemone, and with him being owner of the company.... Just looking for honest unbiased reviews and hard data.

Toallhisdoom the color looks great on tour tank so far, any shots with the whites and all colors on as well?

6. Toallhisdoom

i do not have a par meter. But after posting the pic of the blue i txted my gf to take a pic when the lights come on. So believe the blues come on at 7 and others come on at around 10. So hopefully soon!

7. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

I am thinking about contacting my local club, SLASH to see if I can borrow a PAR meter, I should be able too. I would like to know how they stack up to the MH/T-5 combo I am currently running and also the PAR38 LED bulbs I am running on my 29 gallon which are growing SPS coral just fine. I will post pics of everything even though I do not have a DSLR camera, yet. I should have mine this week.

8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

2 pics for you :) looks like 2 much blue for my taste. will adjust when i get home.

Attached Files:

10. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Mine was delivered! I just have to wait until I get home to check it out.

11. Toallhisdoom

cmon guys lets see your tanks! and hear what you have to say.

12. swreefer

swreefer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Is that the one with 7 color leds or blue/white only?