Reef tank

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by cira030, Oct 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

alright. so i guess im not getting that anemone. haha. i just went to the store. now tell me if this is ripping me off BIG time. (this store is personally owned and operated)a little rock colony for just a SINGLE rock is 40-50 bucks. and it is not a decent sized rock either. at all. is that horrible or is that good or about right?

2. Click Here!

3. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

update

this is my updated tank with my newest attraction. it has a few zoa's on it and 3 different branches of something. that picture of it is about 30 minutes after i put it in so it will take some time to get back to normal. but it looked amazing at the store though! please comment and tell me what you think. all comments are greatly apperciated. ;D

Attached Files:

4. plop

plop Astrea Snail

The branches look like Zenia?

Edit*
    Also if it is pulsing Zenia congrats! There awesome, and probably my favorite.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  5. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

i dont know but thanks a lot. i will give u an updated pic when they are normal. cant wait.

6. plop

plop Astrea Snail

If they are you will know, punch in pulsing Zenia on you tube, and prepare to be amazed! Granted they usually only pulse when they are happy, and all params are good, but it's worth it. Good luck!

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Do not, under any circumstances, frag zoa's in your tank. If you have never fragged before I highly suggest practicing with something else first.
    The poisons in zoa's are no joke. It is the most lethal naturally occurring toxin on the planet. You have to be careful. If you were to screw up in a way that could induce the toxin into your self you wont have fun. at all. You need to do it in a separate tub. Make sure any kids or pets you may have are kept away. There was someone a while ago whose dog died from drinking some of the water from the tub they were fragging zoa's in.

8. Click Here!

9. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

how long will it be before they "bloom"? i woke up today and they are the same. except for the zoas. they are all "bloomed" and look great.

10. PumaKrieg

PumaKrieg Flamingo Tongue

I didn't read anyone's posts other than your own so I don't know if anyone mentioned it but you are very overstocked.... not only is it going to be hard to keep the fish alive, but all those damsels will become very aggressive somewhere down the line as well.

11. PumaKrieg

PumaKrieg Flamingo Tongue

and as far as a starting coral, something soft would work well, such as polyps...

buttons, xenia, etc.. stuff like that

12. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

dude obviously you didnt read all of mine but i said i got rid of all of the damsals and only have 2 clowns and a royal gramma....... thanks though.

i have a question. my bro just got done with a 15 gal tank that housed a leopard gecko. it is very long and not tall. i would LOVE to move into that tank but im really just not sure. is it safe? durring the mature process, i know u have a limit to like only one fish but what about coral? is that like a factor too?

thanks,
    ryan