Reef tank

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by cira030, Oct 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. antonym518

antonym518 Purple Spiny Lobster

You can buy any anemone and they may never host it. I would not buy anymore anemones, they will move and hurt anything they come into contact with. in a tank that small, stay away from them.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

+1 to that. It is hit and miss. Stick with the anenome you have. Anything else will not make it with your lighting IMO. You have a very light forgiving anen there. You chose wisely without even knowing. If you get a small T5 set up, then you can get a small BTA (Bubble tip anenome) and see what happens. You would, of course, have to return the condy. No room. You are going to have difficulty anyway in a tank that small. It can and will sting corals. And corals will sting each other. There is chemical warfare between corals and corals, as well as anenomes and everything. Just read up on what you choose and you should be fine. You may want to consider switching up to a 20g long here in the future if space is an issue.

4. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

trust me man i wanted to and i was this close to but i just thought that i would have to go through the mature process and all the problems with starting a tank and i just dont think it would be worth it. expecially when i have this mature of a tank. dont get me wrong, i want one! but it would just take so much more time and money.

5. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

now thats all i can think about is the 20g!!! im so pissed. that would be so worth it and much better looking but man i just cant haha.

ps
    i must say i just bought that mag float product and it is my hero. it is awsome. every day when i wake up and right before i go to bed at their feeding time i use it. my tank is looking better than ever with that. it is so handy and i really recommend it!! its freaking awsome. it cleans the inside of your tank and at the same time, it is cleaning the outside of your tank down to the shine! great product! no streaks!

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Now you should think about a 90g. Oh yes. Niiiinnnnnetttttyyyy gallllloooonnnnns. Think about what you could do with that!!!!!!!

7. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

hey please respond to this asap. i was looking at another condy at the fish store and i was wondering if i should get it or not. it is a really cool anemone that i want. but somewhere in this thread someone said not to get another anemone? ignore the fact that it can walk around and sting my corals. isnt my lighting enough? i was hoping to get it today so please respond asap.

thanks

8. Click Here!

9. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

besides i put my anemone on a rock, it klings, and my anemone now has never even moved from that rock so that is what i will do. i will however keep a close eye on it for the first week or so to see if it likes the rock.

10. cira030

cira030 Fire Worm

o ya and one more thing, when i purchase my zoas, i am most likely going to frag them. i know how and have watched many vids. but is there any way to do it in my tank? i dont want to disturb my rockwork

11. reefman1132

reefman1132 Skunk Shrimp

I would look at the above post because their not joking when they say anemones are both a tank killer and will sting things especially in your nano tank. You do however have sufficient lighting although as pharmrjohn said you'd want to look in to t-5 lighting (or is that what you have/bought i didn't pay attention). As for your fragging, i'm no expert but i'd stick with the expert advice and do it by the book. Also for further posts make sure you put all of your questions or ideas in one post because it is harder to read and answer your questions.;)

12. antonym518

antonym518 Purple Spiny Lobster

DONT BUY IT!!!!! If you want to have zoas, DONT BUY IT! Is that all you want? I wouldn;t even put one or two is a huge tank. It will move, then watch what happens.