Reef stocking help needed.

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by nanomania, Jan 24, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nanomania

nanomania Vagabond Butterfly

We too get wild caught here, its purplish brown. Lets see, ill also have to add turbos. They do the same. My plan is to remove them once i see no algae and system looks fine. Its a pain, i had lost birdsnest coz of that.

2. Click Here!

3. insanereefer420

insanereefer420 Fire Worm

My turbo hasnt really moved much he did knock off a small zoa frag and i lost it in the rocks when i first got him. That inspired me to use more glue when attaching frags to rockwork. No more knocking things over.

nanomania likes this.
  4. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Well Nano.. I think it's time for picture progression. I'm glad to see you got your list narrowed down.

nanomania likes this.
  5. nanomania

We get liquid caynoacralate glue here, not gel, so its a pain sticking corals... lol i sometime reduce water level or remove the lr to do it.

6. nanomania

Well im obviously gona make an entire new thread on the tank build. Im jus waiting for the sand to come, its coming from singapore.. 90% stuff is ready though. Wish we had thing readily available here in india like u guys.. will also upload vids on my utube channel... thanks for the help guys.

insanereefer420 and scajeo like this.
  7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

If you are referring to Turbo fluctuosa.One is more then enough in your size tank.

insanereefer420 likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. nanomania

U mean tiger turbo snail?

10. nanomania

Hey guys how is jaw fish?

11. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Which fish are you willing to NOT get in your selection?

If you haven't been to liveaquaria.com you should visit that site I find that I can learn a lot of information about all the fish you are selecting.
    A couple of things that stand out to me is that you need a minimum of 3 inches of substrate because they are a burrowing fish.

The other, are you willing to devote the time to feed it?
    The diet should consist of a variety of marine fish, crustacean flesh, and mysid shrimp. It should be fed at least three times per day.

IMO, I think you narrowed everything down to a great selection. I'd hold off on the jaw fish for awhile, let your tank season, after a year or so, if you still want it then get it. In the meantime decide which fish you will NOT get.

nanomania likes this.
  12. nanomania

Thanks... i think i wont get jaw fish then, though i loved the blue spots one. Also i doubt iv ever seen them here in my country.. i gues white one is more common. I like hardy easy to feed fishes and not something like mandarins and butterflys. iv made mistakes so will plan everything before i setup.

scajeo likes this.