Reef Pod Clearance Sale

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Mar 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

WHat else did you get? I'm going to take a look. Still putting my sump together. Got the diamond bit today, so I'll be drilling and siliconing glass pannels!! YAY!!! Pods may be just what I need!! Are reef pods tasty?

- Mag.

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

got some oar grass and something else which slips my mind at the moment. Getting a head start on the impossible conversion of my fuge into a display fuge/macro tank/pony home.

Which reminds me..John can that oar grass be moved once it starts to root? and I know you told me before but when do the less 'threatening' calupera come in to season? Yes you're email got me looking and some of it is real neat looking:)

4. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

I have managed to jinx myself like 8 times this year, but at the risk of doing it again....

Spring comes to Florida on Thursday. I have already made my prediction. The algae is beginning to recover from the freeze and we will be back to normal with a few weeks....with that said 14 months ago we were at that point. Bad year....but what has come back is coming back really nice, so the spring/summer may make up for it. I am going diving this weekend for some gorgs, I might add them to the site at some point. Will be a good price, probably $10 a piece, and they will be nice ones for larger tanks. Sea plumes and maybe some porous sea rods. The shape of the sea rods makes it a difficult item to ship, may have to work on that one....Locals should email though. We are getting into fish season and well....anyone want a $10 angelfish?

5. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Herpactacoid copepods are the same bugs John was talking about? I seem to have millions of these guys all over my glass and can be seen specially on the back glass with black background. They are extremely tiny and seem to crawl all over the glass with ease. Sometimes it even looks like they jump from one spot to another.... kind of like a sea flea.

There are some bigger ones also, but I rarely see them, I know they're there though since they show up every now and then near the sand.

I wish I could take a picture, but they're sooooo tiny. Even the Macro feature in my cam can't get them or even focus on them.

If they're not the same, or if these are better, I can order a bottle. Just don't want to spend the money if I already have them somehow.... maybe from the LR?

- Mag.

6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Me! Me!! I just need to make up my mind on which one!?
    Heard only Coral beauty was a REAL reef safe angel. Is this bogus?
    I had a lemonpeel that never picked at corals. Only rocks. Of course I don't have many corals. And no stony ones... so... I guess I don't know.

THat's what I was afraid of.... I once tried to unfreeze some mysis (probably spelled that wrong) in the microwave since I was in a rush and needed to feed the fish... A few seconds past thawing (getting ready to leave the house) and it did smell quite tasty!! :)

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I was thinking about starting a pod farm to supply the various tanks. This will sure fit the bill.

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

i think all angels like to eat coral. i have seen all of the Carrib. species do it for sure. They like to nip, especially softies and LPS.

yeah if you have them when you wouldnt want to add more. the product is more for obtaining pure cultures of a copepod species. Copepods get eaten by amphipods and there is competition if you have a lot of different species. So for culturing purposes it is usually desirable to just have one species. Other than that, there are pods in our gracilaria, ulva and chaeto and they would do the same thing, you just might get amphipods too.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

supposed to be getting my pods and inverts today that were shipped out yesterday can't wait to get them, lol ive never ordered pods before :D

11. johnmaloney

did you get a call about the pods? I had to cancel them on most orders. Also the reason I am having the sale....getting last weeks and next weeks in about an hour. Figured I would sell them all out and drop the product afterward.

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

nope didnt get a call, would the other inverts that i got still ship out