Reef Angel's Vortech RF Expansion Module

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Reef Angel's new RF expansion module that controls your Vortech pumps might be the tip for those of you reluctant types that were not swayed by coolest open-source controller around's other additions such as the Relay Expansion Module or the 2 Part Doser. The new RF Expansion Module allows full control of all operational modes such as Tidal Swell, Reef Crest, etc.. and, best of all, the ability to create your own custom wave pattern. That is full customization of pump speed for sync and anti-sync or back-of-tank channels. There is also a Reef Angel only mode called 'storm.' Full control of your Vortech on a controller. Cool stuff. Especially at $99. Pre-order now.

[​IMG]

RF Expansion Module Features

• Comes with Ecotech RF Module
    • Emulation of all modes, including Ecosmart modes
    • Special Reef Angel only mode called "Storm"
    • "Custom" mode allows full customization of pump speed for sync, anti-sync or back-of-tank channels
    • Compatible with wireless version of ES drivers
    • Vortech pumps will turn to feeding mode automatically when you start the "Feeding Mode" on your Reef Angel Controller
    • Easily program them to go into Night mode automatically to follow your lighting schedule
    • RGB LED status indicator

More:
    RF Expansion Module - Reef Angel Controller

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Oh yeah - The Reef Angel RF Expansion Module is available in 1 month. :)

4. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Wonder what's next from ra. lighting controls or do they already do that?

Michael Rice
    Marine Engineers Aquarium Blog
    Sent from Tapatalk

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Already has light schedule and dimming effect capability and possibly more... check out site.

Back on topic... what do you think of this add?

6. heidimi

heidimi Fire Shrimp

I think it's a super sweet add! A local friend just picked up a reef angel and loves it. I plan on vortechs eventually and now that I know RA has this it will save me a bit of a headache down the road when I go "controller". Kinda makes the reef angel the only computer you need hooked up to your tank! Plus now that I have witnessed the RA is action and have the friend I know can help me with it, I'm thinking this is for sure the controller for me!
    Heidi

7. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Looks great to me. I didn't go with an Ra when I bought my controller, as they were still too limited. Glad to see that they are expanding. Competition is always a good thing and the open source nature of the controller makes it even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Click Here!

9. jnicita

jnicita Plankton

availability

Has anyone received their units yet? How long of a wait (as in backordered) did you have to wait?

Thanks

10. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I ordered mine and the beginning on January and there was no wait.