Reef Angel: Open-Source Controller

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, May 20, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

having problems

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. doog

doog Peppermint Shrimp

anyone else get the reefangel?

i got mine in may, and have been messing around with the code ever since.

recently Roberto (guy that makes/sells/codes them) has organized the functions and main code into a template, so it's really a piece of cake to set it up to run as you like.

4. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

Just ordered one of these today. Hoping to have a couple apps up and running for it soon. Just wondering what the word is on this unit so far? Any updates/reviews?

5. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

its outta stock! i want one! prolly wouldnt ship to canad anyways. is there another retailer for these or only the official site??

6. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Hello Roberto,

I have been reading all the posts on here (great questions & answers guys). I would buy one today, but here is my problem. My 90gal display tank is in my theater room & I custom built a fish room in my walkout basement to house my sump/refuge, water changes, RO/DI system, water making, etc.. I have already drilled 2 holes in my brand new hardwood floors to run the plumping. I'm not drilling anymore to run wires to control my lighting & powerheads. I can run a small control wire to link the two locations together like a Apex for example. When are you planing to have this possible?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  7. Nealio

Nealio Coral Banded Shrimp

Has anyone figure out a stealth mounting option for the Reef Angel yet? I'm thinking about using a panel mount VGA port with a 90* adapter on it, and support the entire unit from the VGA port on the bottom.

8. Click Here!

9. doog

doog Peppermint Shrimp

would like to see your mounting idea in action
    i'm still fooling around with code and testing, but it does what i want it to!

10. ali1

ali1 Skunk Shrimp

just got mine and will be playing with it shortly

11. darrick001

darrick001 Plankton

I'm looking at picking one up but I want it to control my calcium reactor as well. I have been unable to find any info on reading PH under 7. Can this controler have 2 PH probes? Can it be set to read PH under 7? My goal is to run auto topoff water through my calcium reactor and then through my kalk reactor to raise the PH. If topoff water is not needed then it would circulate tank water through the reactors. This would save on CO2

12. reefangel

reefangel 3reef Sponsor

Yes it can measure pH under 7. As long you don't plan on going below 5, you should have no problems. Although it could read below 5, I wouldn't recommend.
    Expansion modules for additional pH probes are not available yet.