Reef Angel Controller arrived today 2-9-11!!!!!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by 2in10, Jan 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

I'm really interested in how the controller works out for you 2in10, I was researching some and I"m totally confused. :-/

2. Click Here!

3. bama

bama Humpback Whale

a controller is completely obsolete when you have a trained wife... ;D ;D ;D

jk... i love my controller, I don't know how my wife would do laundry without it.. lol

1 person likes this.
  4. EasyMac

EasyMac Fire Worm

Hey 2in10, never thought I might be posting something regarding a question you have since you are the one who usually answers everyones questions (especially mine) :), but I saw this video on youtube a few weeks ago, and it might help you out (maybe you have already seen it).

YouTube - The Single Best Reef Tank Purchase I've Ever Made

He specifically talks about the Neptune System's Apex Controller in this video. Anyways hope I helped you out for once! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

I just read your thread last weekend as I was thinking about a controller. But with the MD deal I may have to jump on it now ;). Tagging along til 2in10 bites the bullet !

6. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Worth their weight in gold. When you get one you will wonder what took you so long to make the jump. Reek Keeper has plenty of fans, but Neptune pretty much dominates. From talking with those that have had both,it seemed Neptune was easier to program... but probably not by much or a big advantage. They both seem similar.

Apex is the way to go and more than you will need. If you have or want Vortechs, they have a wireless controller for them. Reef keeper has been dragging their feet. You can't go wrong with any really, just do your home work.

Once you are in the this hobby to win it, a controller will make your life and your tank much happier. As with anything in this hobby, money saved is not necessarily money well spent. Don't cheap out... get what you need and forget about it... upgrading for some unforseen limitations and benefits not found in in lesser models is more exspensive in the long run.

My advice is look at Apex and don't look back.

1 person likes this.
  7. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Do It !!!! :D

8. Click Here!

9. newguy420

newguy420 Skunk Shrimp

I'm following along on this too because I have the same questions. I'm wondering how worth it they are and what the differences between them are. It seems like the more confusing product for the hobby.

10. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Good advice...Lord knows I've made that mistake plenty of times!!

11. Craigar

Craigar Flamingo Tongue

Anyone know where the best price place they have found on the apex controller what extras doyou need to buy with it if it's the best out ther

12. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

depending on how much equipment you have... your gonna wanna have nothing but the Energybars for outlets. So you can completely have everything on your apex. So your porbably gonna have to buy an extra energy bar. Only one comes with the kit.