Reef-A-Palooza Orlando 2014 Pic Thread

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Camkha1234, Apr 26, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

It was named Krakatoas.
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

sorry I luv this hobby but that price is just plain stupid and literally only priced for those who have enough money to burn. No coral is worth a thousand dollars.

Hey to each their own.

What did you pick up RB

4. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

I got a humulis, 2 unnamed acros, and three Jason Fox acros, Lemonade, Carolina, and a Red Dragon.

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

nice ^^ Wish their display was bigger, never really did get a good look at what they had just to busy

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Nice grabs RB. I almost got the Jason fox gold meister chalice but decided on rastas, hornets and magician palys. Chris, I agree. If I was rich I still wouldn't pay a grand for a coral.

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I go on reef2reef and there are zoa lovers on there that don't seem to hesitate to pay $450 for a certain polyp. Blows my mind.

8. Click Here!

9. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

I have to respectfully disagree. A coral is worth only what someone is willing to pay! If no one is willing to pay the price will come down. Simple economics.

I sold a lot of frags in my day. From my experience, People only find worth in high priced corals. The problem is not the seller but with the person wanting the next hot coral. I could never sell $10 frags. People always wanted the $100+ frags because that is what they think they wanted. If I had 100 frags, people never ask about the cheap ones. They only want the expensive exotic ones.

I would love to own a Bugatti Veyron but I only have a budget to buy it's cheaper cousin the VW Jetta. I don't worry myself at the price of the Veyron because I'm not shopping for one. IMO, that goes the same for corals!

10. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

We all have our own opinions and I respect yours but to me I would buy 100 frags at 10 a piece before I ever spend 1000.00 on 1 and I would be just as happy. I do not have to have the most exotic or the newest or the rarest to be happy. I would rather wait a couple years when the value drops and they become more readily available and a reasonable price. There are not many corals that hold their value unlike some high priced cars but I be damned if I ever buy 1 of those either.

But again your money is yours and mine is mine and no one can tell anyone how to spend it if you are the 1 working for it (unless it is your wife..)

11. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

good to see what some of you look like

12. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Finally got a pic posted. Here's a few I picked up

Attached Files: