Redoing my room check it out!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by ScubaBrett22, Apr 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

I am trying to decide which bed to go with the Full bed or the Futon!

Futon set = Ivy League 3 Pc Merlot Bunk Bedroom :: Rooms To Go Kids - Kids Bedroom Sets

Full Bed Set = Cottage Colors Black 3 Pc Full Bookcase Bedroom :: Rooms To Go Kids - Kids Bedroom Sets

But i have decided on what desk to get

Desk = Bush Portsmouth Reversible Corner Desk | Staples®

But i don't have a official answer we are looking at this project will take 1 month over the course of 5 weekends and i probably will be sleeping on a air mattress during that month.

We start removing stuff from my room on Friday Night to Sunday Afternoon just like unneeded stuff then we will be removing my bed set in 2 weeks then at the same time we will be filling the holes in my walls and repainting my room and i shall be sleeping on a Airbed! FUN!!! :) LoL then we will be moving the new furniture into my room in about 4 weeks! I can't Wait to start building!!!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Design is finished!

I have finished the design/ layout of my room!!

This is what furniture i picked and the paint color!

Paint: Martha Stewart Living 8 oz. Aegean Blue Interior Paint Tester #MSH118 - MSL118-16 at The Home Depot
    Bed Set: Cottage Colors Black 3 Pc Full Bookcase Bedroom :: Rooms To Go Kids - Kids Bedroom Sets
    Desk: Bush Portsmouth Reversible Corner Desk | Staples®
    and the biocube will have its stand

I attached the layout below and i will post pictures latter today of the room.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  4. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

The Before Pictures!

Here are a few Before pictures before we start removing the old stuff!

Attached Files:

5. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

After

Here are the After pictures

Attached Files:

6. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Ok Brett,

Having seen what you are removing versus what you have worked out thus far? I have to say that the new plan and furnishings, colors, etc are going to be a HUGE step up and improvement for sure! No wonder you are so excited - holy moly!

:)

elizabeth

7. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

LoL I know but i have to wait till next weekend to get the bed removed :( honestly if my dad would pay for a 1-800-got-junk to come and not wait for his dump-truck to be free next week this whole room would be painted and the fish tank on its own stand bu Sunday :)

8. Click Here!

9. OnefishTwofish

LoL......

"patience, grasshoppah!"

by the way, got your note about the new measurement - that is actually going to work in your favor i think....i will tweak the files for you tomorrow once I am in my office again.

while you are at it, double check to be sure you have electrical outlets near where all your electronic stuff / tank equipment is going to be - so you can be sure you have enough power where you will need it.

:)

10. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Yup i have one on the Wall like 3 feet from the window and one 2 feet from the closet.

Me and my ADHD trust me Friday night i see no bedtime LOL...

Do you know anything to fill in pinholes and semi big holes?

11. OnefishTwofish

If you are talking about drywall? Yeah - you will need patching compound aka drywall spackle - granted, if you are talking about "wall craters" that might involve a little more.

Try googling DIY drywall spackling or drywall hole repair - just to get a bit enlightened on that topic :) You will likely want to do some patching before you point the walls with that cool color you picked out.

You basically fill the holes with spackle (applied with a wide blade type applicator) you let it set up and then sand it smooth.

when i was in college, i used toothpaste - but trust me - you really want to do this the right way :D

12. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Yup i am googling my but off lol i hope to get some Spackle tomorrow and yes Pinholes in drywall no craters. I want to do it myself so my dad does not have to hire someone to do it plus its my room. I want to work on it by myself or with my friend. ;D Oh i tried toothpaste on a few holes looks like crud and is still sticky ew........