Redoing my room check it out!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by ScubaBrett22, Apr 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Talk to me when you try to move a 120g Tank and stand by yourself :lol:!

placing the livestock in the totes isnt a bad idea though. get a helping hand from your family and all should go well :)

2. Click Here!

3. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

ya we have four people helping us move the tank!

4. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

I think you've got the right idea with the move & plenty of help. Wish I had that many "hands" when I did my moves. I've done the "tote" thing but a 135 mile move & a 110g tank with minimal loss. The tanks on the other end were already set up though.

As far as your room, paint it the color you want & like. Then get some cool posters or even pictures for your walls. I found this cool old net on the beach down in baja with those cool cork floats. I washed it off and stapled it up in a corner of my fish room. Also, I have some cool cherry-wood chairs, stools & old wooden desk that give a cool rustic feel too. I have a collection of antique fishing lures, a handcarved Inuit totem from Alaska, some hand painted Native whales, Dolphins & fish, framed super cool on the wall. You can pick up little nic-nac type stuff at swap meets too which is where I get most of my lures. I'm looking for a real ship-in-the bottle build. Not the cheap plastic recreations.

Alot of my stuff was given to me as gifts & are mostly fishing or ocean themes along with some "cheesy" conch shells & rubber lobsters.

My absolute prized possessions other than my corals are some antique framed photos of 1 & 3 pole tuna fishing. The way tuna are supposed to be caught!!

[​IMG]

Anyway, sorry for the long winded response. Good to hear someone else is into this kinda stuff (sorta).

seabass1

5. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Thank You SeaBass1!!

I am thinking of staying with that color blue then putting some shelf's on my main wall to hold some of my Scuba Findings shells/ snorkels and other cool things. ;D

I am also thinking about going with Cherry wood or cherry color for a few things. I start removing the old computer stuff in my room we are calling 1-800-got-junk LoL :p to help lug it away then we will start taking apart my bed then some more minor things then we will start repairing the pin holes/ nail holes in my wall then we will paint the room with a "Non-toxic" paint base that is safe for the fish and we will open the windows and put the fan on full blast! Good weekend this weekend!! ;D

6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

You just have to buy an expensive futon. Most get uncomfortable quickly, but the ones with the nice mattresses are comfortable.

7. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

True That!

8. Click Here!

9. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Hiya Brett,

hope your project is coming along well....
    You have some nice ideas and I think that the blue is a great idea....you will want to play off that though.

I am a big fan of the platform / storage beds which pretty much are today's descendants of the original "Captains Bed" - although i know it can be challenging to find something that looks more adult than "youth".

I just happened to come across this link / site - you may get some ideas from that. Also google "Captains Bed" for more storage beds that may suit your tastes.

maybe something like this link would appeal to you - it is masculine, has clean lines and gives you storage options.
    (actually this main website might be inspiring to you.)

Cherry Color Bedroom Set - Platform, Bedroom Set, Nightstand

Woods? I would lean towards the teak/cherry range of colors - again thinking of yacht or cruiser woodwork colors. White is too cottage-ish. There is always the option of a simple metal headboard like brass or even a nice one in cool tone silver metals that would complement your blue theme.

Will you go with silver metals for trim and accents? or stick to a more old mariner brass look?

uh oh..... here i go with the designer stuff:

i knew i should not have read this thread again - i do this stuff for a living and just went through redoing my bf's entire place a year ago - he wanted a blend of high tech and zen. :) I live in NY and he lives in SC. I had him measure his entire place including all doors and windows and we did it all completely online.

We chose a massive sized print of "The Great Wave" for over his bed. His room is all ice blue, navy, espresso and silvers...

If you need a fast plan drawn up for your room - feel free to PM me and I can likely whip something up to scale from your measurements and send it back with your furniture layout if you need any assistance along those lines. It would probably give you a really good way to see exactly where to fit stuff and see how much room you have to work with.

(and no....you will not be billed for my services!)

Your options are endless!

Regards,
    elizabeth

10. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

11. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Thank you for all the options and good information. I kinda drew up my room but i am having a problem with the Window area because the wall is at a different angle i will attach the picture i made.

Thank you Elizabeth!!!

Also i am going with a Black wood color!

Attached Files:

12. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Brett,

Nice choices! I like them, the black will be nice too with the tank setup. I think in the long run you will be happier with the storage bed. (and i am a big fan of silver for trim elements!).

A good place to find decent accents etc is eBay or craigslist as far as picture frames and stuff like that.

I have no doubt this will come together looking great!