Red Sea vs Aquavitro

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Piano10, Mar 22, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

The less manual stuff the better at least for me. So I could manually do this but my memory sucks, and I can be a bit of a scatter brain! Also what happens when I am not around. You could have a significant other do that but dosing is something I would rather not leave up to a novice like my wife. I have tried the manual dosing things many times and then my parameters seem to start bouncing all around. It is the inconsistency in when you are adding things, slight differences in mil that you might add, etc etc.

Above is just based on my experience and not saying it can't be done. There are plenty of people who dose manually successfully.

1) I like being able to space out the dosing throughout the day. I personally do not want to be dosing 20ml Mag at 1 shot. I have my doser set to dose 20ml over 24hrs broken into 8 doses

2) Alk I am only dosing 4ml. I have it dose 2ml at 12:00AM and then 12pm. I may need to adjust this up a bit but with doser and Red Sea Coral Pro the #'s are much better.

Good luck.

2. Click Here!

3. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I understand what you mean. I do all the maintenance, testing, etc. My hubby doesn't touch the tanks, he even confirms if I've fed before he does. Lol.

I am home all day so manual dosing isn't an issue.

I will check to see if I can get Tropic Marine.

4. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

Mostly looking for an easier product to use, i have no sump or doser. I want to choose the best product to prevent any issues.

The red sea abc sounda good but you dose the powdwr direct to tank...that worries me.

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

they have the liquid form also.