Red Sea Salt mix reviews

Discussion in 'Salt' started by nanomania, Jun 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nanomania

nanomania Vagabond Butterfly

Hey guys, in my city there are just two salt mixes available 1 is locally manufactured and other is Red Sea ( Red Sea Red Sea Salts ). I Know a reefer who has been using Red Sea coral pro salt since a few years and does 15% WC every week and dosent supplement anything else. he has a mixed reef and has some of the delicate corals like gonipora and sea fans. and nothing has ever died and they grow slowly but nicely. anyone using it? need some reviews.

2. Click Here!

3. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

I'm A FOWLR and use the coral mix. Does fine in my tank!

4. nanomania

im gona use it for my softies tank.

5. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

It has high alk, which is good for a hard coral tank, if you want to dose less. I don't see why you would have any advantage, in a soft coral tank though. The disadvantage is it is a bit tough to mix and can be very cloudy and may precipitate a bit in the mixing container. I used it for several months and had no other issues using it, although, I didn't really see any advantage over other salts. Just depends which is less expensive.

6. nanomania

Hey i guess u talking about red coral salt. they are trying to copy red sea salt coz even the packets are about the same. red coral salt is not bad but red sea salt mixes instantly and is much superior. red coral salt is best of fowlr and softies only tank. my main reason to start this thread was that one of the reefer is relying absolutley on WC using RED SEA CORAL PRO salt in his sps lps and softies tank. he has acrocs and montis. and the corals are doing great only drawback is they are a bit slow well thats ok. this is red coral salt: Wholesale 8KG red coral Sea salt/aquarium sea salt, $18.60-22.02/Piece | DHgate, the red sea salt link is in my main post....

7. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

I was talking about red sea coral pro salt.

8. Click Here!

9. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

By the way, it does mix fast initially, the cloudiness happens over time, as it sits. The problem I had is during the time I allowed it to aerate. Some people mix it and then use it, to avoid this. However, salt really should be allowed to oxygenate, but the alk in RSCPS is around 14dkh, which isn't very stable long term.

10. nanomania

ok. dint know that. does areating make any difference? areating might increase ph and also some bacteria might form....

11. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

i use coral pro and i would not use anything else. for me its the best salt (available here) hands down.

12. nanomania

kool. u got sps or lps? u dosing something or just relying on WCs?