Red Sea Reefer frustration

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by 2manycars, Mar 15, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2manycars

2manycars Astrea Snail

I decided to wait for the Red Sea Reefer 450 to get to my dealer, but it has been a frustrating wait. I understand the dock strike they have no control over, but it would be a great help if they periodically gave updates as to the status of the tanks. i.e.. not docked yet, through customs, on the way to distributers etc.

My dealer says their rep can not get any information from them either. It looks like it will probably be May before I see my tank, since it is going to add at least 10-12 days to the delivery after it is cleared on the West Coast and makes it to Pennsylvania. There are very few posts on the Web with any information, except for the numerous ones from last November stating "early" 2015 delivery.

Has anyone gotten any information regarding the tanks status. I put a deposit on one in early January, and my dealer is probably more frustrated than I am since they are one the the largest dealers in the NE (as far as I know) and they are totally in the dark as well. Apparently this is typical Red Sea. They make terrific products but their communications are awful.

Anyway Il make my weekly call to the Hidden Reef so I can be told they still have no idea when they will get the tanks. They ordered three of each size, but I am not sure what has been sold.

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

so sorry to hear about the frustrations :( that is a long time to wait and then not to know that for sure would be way frustrating! I hope someone can get you an update or more information!

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

That sucks. I love red sea products but I've heard the same story, communication is horrible. I had a friend that wanted the big 650 max in his store for a show tank and 3 in stock to sell. He tried and literally begged for over 3 months and on the fourth month a rep showed and got laughed out of the store. It's sad because they make a nice product.

5. 2manycars

2manycars Astrea Snail

I have been in touch with a higher up at Red Sea and was told the first 2 containers of reefer tanks would be in their hards by tomorrow. Stores should see them in the next 2-3 weeks depending on when the store placed their order, if they have tanks that have deposits on them, the size of the store etc.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

7. 2manycars

2manycars Astrea Snail

Yes, the latest-as of today another container is being on loaded in the Houston warehouse. Dealers have been contacted and they should have a good idea of what inventory they will be getting first. I know given the way the tanks are trickling in that priority will be given to those stores that made an early commitment to Red Sea will get priority.

I want to add that as difficult as it is to believe, Red Sea had had no control over any of the delays. Between the west coast strike, fog, and a tanker collision all of the ports are still backed up. Customs apparently is clearing containers more or less randomly. Not every container has all of the sizes or colors so it is possible that you particular store will get some stock but it may not be for every size or color.

I started out frustrated and still am somewhat but the people I have spoken with are doing everything they can to get everyone what they want as quickly as they can. I think we all need to hang in and wait for what should be a spectacular group of tanks