Red Sea NoPox

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by nicodim55, Jan 30, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nicodim55

nicodim55 Coral Banded Shrimp

No on lowering my my bio loads I love my fish too much to get rid of them :(
    Yes I did that the first week and the next day th water really got cloudy so I did a water change then lowered the dosage to 10ml on he second week. Now I'm in my 3rd week and I'm doing 12ml. I'm adding it to my sump

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. Click Here!

3. nicodim55

I'm adding it to my sump

4. nicodim55

I'm adding it to my sump
    I was told they work together and my tank has been set up for 7 years and I've never had this issue until I added these 2 products:(

5. nicodim55

You are correct but when I first added the recommended dosage the water got cloudy the next day. I did a 55g water change right away and it took 3 days for the water to clear up again but the nitrates didn't go down at all at that time

6. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Do you have any other Nutrient export? What skimmer are you running?

7. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

I would cease the microbacter7. Not familiar with it, but it sounds like something you would use on a new setup.

8. Click Here!

9. nicodim55

You are correct about the new set up but it also says you can use it on an established tank

10. nicodim55

I got this from Brightwell's site:
    Medium to High-nutrient Systems (or to seed biological filtration in new aquaria)
    To effectively decrease the concentration of available nutrients and water materials in all marine and freshwater aquaria, add 5 ml (1 capful) per 25 gallons (approximately 4 drops per gallon) of aquarium water daily for the first 2 weeks of use. The impact that MicroBacter7 has on an aquarium is most evident during this period. Turn protein skimmer and UV-sterilization off for a period of 4 hours following addition to aquaria. A noticeable difference in water clarity is typically apparent within 30 minutes of dosing. Follow the same instructions for new aquarium start up. Thereafter, switch to "Low-nutrient" dosage (below).

11. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

What nutrient export do you have and what skimmer? Are you turning the skimmer off for the 4 hours? How long have you been dosing the Microbacter7?

12. nicodim55

Aquamaxx AM350, yes and this will be the 2nd week