Red Sea Max Mods

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by MILLERTIME, Jun 11, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MILLERTIME

MILLERTIME Feather Duster

Has anyone done any mods to their RSM, ive seen pictures of refuguims in the stand and also canister filters, i want to get a rsm but want as mucj info as possible thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

if your interested in doing the stuff in the cab, for the $ you'd spend on a RSM you could probably build a 55g with T5s and a sump/fuge

Just something to consider if you have the space

4. nybatu

nybatu Bristle Worm

i have RSM but i did not make big change yet may be in the future. i just add one more powerhead korilla2 and cut black foam half for better circulation and less micro bubbles. may be i will take out white mechanical filter foam also. i use ro/di water, tank has been running 2,5 mounts and i have some corrallina algae on my rocks. over all best all in one reef tank you can find in the market and easy to maintain. skimmer could be better but you can have tunze nano skimmer b/c it fits well also very quite.

5. Aidan

Aidan Plankton

Hey, I'm new. Yeah ive got a RSM, ive had mine since january of this year but i didnt get it setup till about march. Ive done what most people will find they will have to do, cut the black sponge into like a triangle or half for better circulation/filteration. Ive got a koriala 1 in there to. I'm also thinking about taking out the skimmer and gettin a sump and skimmer to for outside the tank instead for easier maintainance and because im not to keen on the filteration/skimmer system with it.

Also my moonlights dont work anymore, a few weeks back they were working then they switched over that night and they just didnt come on and havent since. Any help or anyone experienced the same thing?

6. MILLERTIME

MILLERTIME Feather Duster

can you set the t5 and the moon lights for their own time with the timer? and are the moon lights blue?

7. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Havent read all the posts on this link but the thread has been split about a dozen times. I know that there are some mods in there.

Red Sea Max Owners Club