red sea max flaw in glass!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by REDMANS CUBE, Feb 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

If you use a credit / debit card, most places keep records and can pull the records with a swipe of your card.

2. Click Here!

3. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

here is a pic. i guess i thought it was bleached coraline.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  4. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Which of the many spots is it? The glaring white spot in the middle, or is that your flash? You'll most likely need your receipt, and after 8 months, the LFS probably won't do anything anyhow. Go the nice route, I know if someone is a D to me on the phone I don't go out of my way to assist.

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Why would there be bleached coraline in a brand new tank?

6. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

spot in the middle. none the less i dont know why red sea wouldnt warranty it. (i hope) to me it just shows, the lack of quality of the tank if this can get by. i like the all in one idea, i was considering getting the 250, i guess it all depends on red sea.

7. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I have to agree here. You may have had a good argument when you bought it, but you can't wait 8 months and then complain. If it was that big of a deal, you should have just brought it back after noticing it.

8. Click Here!

9. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

If it took you 8 months to notice it, thats probably how it got by at the factory, too. However if it's the bright white spot, I don't know how you could have missed that, or thought it was bleached coralline since it's a brand new tank. Or, how QA could have missed it. Good luck...maybe tell them it's been facing the back of the tank and you never noticed it until you pulled it to move or something.

10. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

Man, that sucks. I have to be honest and say I don't think anyones really going to help you at this point. Also, if it has serious implications than wouldn't it be easier to just live with it than restart an aquarium that is already up and running.

Just something to think about. K+.

11. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

i would probably would settle for a credit or something towards the 250 or other red sea products i guess we will wait and see what red sea says. otherwise i think i will buy another oceanic tank for my next setup.

12. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

I would just contact them and explain that you thought you could live with with the flaw but some friends at a recent dinner party made mention of it and wondered how it got there and it's really bothering me now. Tell them you will be glad to send them a picture or send them a picture with an email. Be creative and appeal to their nobel motives. It shows that you are not the bad guy here and was embarrassed by their product! Tell them your friends said they were going to buy a fish tank but they would check it carefully before purchasing it. Good luck man just be creative..