Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Oryo, Jan 28, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Oryo

Oryo Feather Duster

I've had this current tank running for the past 4 years and have always bought the saltwater from my local LFS. I'm thinking of finally mixing my own salt with RODI water & heard great reviews about Red Sea Coral Pro Salt.. The problem is that currently my tank is FOWLR tank and wondering if this salt would be ok for FOWLR? I'm working on upgrading the tank to finally jump into corals but that won't be for a few months from now.

Would I still be able to use Red Sea Coral Pro Salt for FOWLR?
    If not, what salt mix would somebody recommend?

I heard you can mix this salt fast unlike other brands plus has all the stuff you need for corals.

Thank you

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

You should be just fine using this salt

DSC reef likes this.
  4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

It's the salt I prefer and like civic said, you'll be fine using it.

Animals3269 likes this.
  5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I had a bad experience using RSCP.Low calcium level. While this may have been an isolated thing be mindfull that a naturally harvested salt requires a company that really keeps there eye on the prize if you will.IMO Instant Ocean is the way to go if you are interested in the same exact salt every time.There salt facility is top notch and batch testing is second to none.It has never let me down.Not sure what you mean by mixing fast.With all salt mixes pouring it in slowly and using a good pump or powerhead in your mixing bucket will alow the salt to disolve and eliminate precipitation.This should be done regardless of the brand ime.