Red Algae Woes!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Brandon1023, Apr 27, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Forgot to mention that if you don't have to treat the tank again, keep a close eye on your skimmer as it will go a little nutso when you plug it back in :)

2. Click Here!

3. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Oh I already tried plugging my skimmer back in, it's like it has to break in all over again! The bubbles are so bad they're getting into the tank again. I was gonna do a water change this morning, and if I have to treat again I will definitely remove the filter media. Actually I'm probably gonna remove the filter altogether. Thanks for the advise!

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Good luck to ya. Hopefully, you've seen the last of the slime!

5. JohnSt22

JohnSt22 Plankton

I just used this stuff last night at around 7:00 p.m. and already, growth has completely stopped and it is turning brown. Oh yeah, Bruce is definently correct on the skimmer going crazy. Mine overflowed and i had to raise the cup almost all the way.

6. lmajor32

lmajor32 Astrea Snail

You screwed your credit card companies and charged up a bunch of money??? You mean you screwed the rest of us and charged up your credit cards before filing BK?

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:confused: What the?! Where the heck did that come from? Left field maybe? :confused:

8. Click Here!

9. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

LoL he's talking about eariler in this post when I was giving some backround on to how I thought I got the red algae from adding another PC ficture. I said that I filed bankruptcy but before I did I maxed out my credit cards, in turn screwing the credit card company because I bought all this stuff and they will not be getting paid for it. I dont see how that would screw the rest of you guys, tho..........

10. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

In the long run credit card rates go up as more and more people file for bankruptcy, but this is over time, and now people can't just file anymore.

Imajor32, Brandon1023 was already in the prosess, so making a charge wouldn't make a big difference.

Brandon1023, so you must of bought some nice things like MH ;D

11. lmajor32

lmajor32 Astrea Snail

I was only half joking. It actually does hit the rest of us, and Brandon in the pockets one way or the other. Whether it is higher rates, higher fees, new laws passed, firing employees and on and.... Companies don't EVER take the hit in their pockets...it's always passed on to all of us. Multiply his situation by millions and you can see the problem.

Sorry for your troubles.

12. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

RL, when I maxed out my cards, I dont know why but no, I didn't buy MH. I bought another PC fixture to add to the one I already had. And then like 4 months later I bought my MH. Where was I, I do not know, when I made THAT crazy ass decision. But I got a lot of other things, including some of my corals :-D

Its ok Imajor, I tried my best to pay down my debts. This was a last resort decision as this has been going on for about 4 years now. I figured I better learn my lesson now, while I'm young, and can have plenty of time to fix it later.