recommend tanks for my stand

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by pshootr, Feb 2, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

I was origanlly going to setup a 20L but am now concidering another option. I have an Oceanic reptile setup (terraium/cabinet stand), I forget the modle name of it. I would like to use the stand which seems to be very well built, for a reef tank. The tank footprint this stand supports is 24L 18D Does anyone have a suggestion for what tank would fit this stand and make a good reef tank. So far I have seen an oceanic 37gallon tank which is 24L 18D 21T This tank seems to be a good option. I just wanted to see what others would have to say about this. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

Yeah that sounds good to me, if that tank fits the stand all the way to the end than your good to go. If not i would try to find a tank that fills the stand as best as possible. Bigger is better!

4. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

Thanks 4GiV3N
    Oddly enough, many of the aquarium stores I called looking for a tank to fit this stand told me it was an oddball size, and I would have to have a tank custom built, sounded expensive so I sort of gave up on that idea. Then while in Petland I spotted the Oceanic tank described in the begining of this thread. I am very exited to find out there are tanks out there to fit this stand. Wondering if there are other brands I should look at? And if Acrilic is better than glass? I would like a predrilled tank really, for an overflow.

5. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

sounds like you got the right idea. I would go with glass 100%, last longer and is stronger IMO!

Good luck!
    -Jordan

6. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

Thanks for the advice Jordan, I like the idea of glass anyway because I think it is harder to scratch.

7. glampka

glampka Coral Banded Shrimp

Try going to the websites for All-Glass, Perfecto, Oceanic, etc. They usually list the dimensions of all the tanks they have available.

8. Click Here!

9. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

Thanks I never heard of Perfecto untill now. I will check them out. Thanks