Rebuilding a 190g

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Stercus Accidit, Dec 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Black silicone should look pretty slick. I love the black sand too.

2. Click Here!

3. Stercus Accidit

Stercus Accidit Feather Duster

Even when you're being nice you're still a ***** lmao ( this isn't directed to you Seano)

Here's the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOTS of work ahead of us

1 person likes this.
  4. Seano Hermano

haha, talking to your brother? ::)

That does look like a lot of work. It should be well worth it though.

5. Stercus Accidit

Yeah, he has a bleeped nickname lol he is- myboyblu

It will be worth it for sure, now to make him realize he has to spend some money to do this :eek:

6. Seano Hermano

You pay for quality. :D

60" L? You might need 3 of those Cannons. I wonder if you could get away with two by raising them up higher. Will this be a mixed reef?

7. Stercus Accidit

It will be mixed yes.

We will build the LED fixture ourselves for sure. He has built one for his 20g and I am about to get mine in a few days to build for my 20g so I think we'll have it covered. Some spotlighting will be done for accent. Those canons are $$$$ :eek:

Most everything will be a DIY on this tank, between the two of us I doubt there is anything we couldn't build that we want or need. Lots of surprises in store...and I'm not going to ruin them at this point. I'll leave that up to him and or wait until things progress further.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

This sounds like it will be a very interesting build. I'll be sure to stick arund and see what you guys come up with! :D

Good idea on the DIY leds to save money. You should be able to have more control over the actual lighting then too. If you wanted, you could put a typhon controller on them and use code to set light cycles.

10. myboyblu

myboyblu Astrea Snail

ok so this is the plan so far....
    external beananimal, and all return pipes hidden under the substrate and coming up through the rocks. this should give the tank the cleanest look possible. nothing will be visible in the tank other than the rocks, coral, and some Bad A fish that will be considered reef compatible with caution.
    for the sump i'll be using a 55 gal tank separated and customized for filtration, reef octopus skimmer, and return pump ( which i havent decided on yet)

here is my crude drawing
    [​IMG]

11. Stercus Accidit

you should probably grab the 55 from my house tomorrow before my hellions crack it or something.

I'll be back in a minute with pump recommendations...just to keep everyone watching this informed. Eventually we'll move this to a build thread.

12. Stercus Accidit

Got a little bit done last night...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now to clean off all the old silicone and get a new piece of glass for one side to become the external beananimal weir. The center large hole in the bottom will be sealed off and the two smaller will be return lines.