re homing

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by Lungz, May 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lungz

Lungz Astrea Snail

I want to re arrange the living quarters of some of my fish. As of now, i have 2 small oscars(2.5 inch) in a 30 bowfront and 16 africans(all 2.5 inch or smaller) and (one 9 inch pleco) in a 60. i want to basically swap and put the oscars in the 60 with the pleco(yes I know it is a tad small, but i plan on getting a 125 some point in the next 9 months) and the africans in the 30. does this sound reasonable?

2. Click Here!

3. Lungz

Lungz Astrea Snail

Lol 30 views and no replies?

4. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

I think thats too many africans for a 30 gallon tank...

5. Lungz

Lungz Astrea Snail

I remember seeing somewhere to overcrowd to avoid agression and territory disputes.but appreciate your input.

6. Lungz

Lungz Astrea Snail

well, I went on my gut feeling and did my swap and im happy with the result. oscars are loving there big tank finding all the holes and crevices i created with driftwood. and my africans are peaceful towards each other and just exploring there new habitat. plus the lighting was backwards and now my africans look great with the bright pinish light and the oscars are enjoying the darkish purply haze of the 60 g. all in all, I didnt lose any fish and they all seem content.