Re-Fresh with Shrimp and Snails

Discussion in 'DrTim's Aquatics' started by BornToHula, Feb 24, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BornToHula

BornToHula Plankton

After leaning about Re-Fresh from Mr. Saltwater Tank's algae guide I went ahead and ordered some to help combat my cyano problem. However after getting the bottle in, it says "May be harmful to snails and shrimp. Do no overdose in thanks containing these organisms."

I have a tiger pistol shrimp, fire shrimp and two peppermint shrimp along with a variety of snails, all of who I do not want to harm.

As long as I follow the recommended dosage will the shrimp and snails be okay? (And I mean okay as in they are not harmed at all from the Re-Fresh.)

2. Click Here!

3. BornToHula

BornToHula Plankton

Decided to send back the Re-Fresh and not take a chance. Kind of strange that this product is marketed toward reef-tanks, yet almost all reef tanks have at least snails in them.

Dr. Tim's website suggests removing all the snails and shrimp from the tank before using the product. How realistic is that to get all the snails out of your tank!? It would take months to find them all!

There also does not appear to be any info on how harmful (or not harmful) this product is to shrimp/snails that I could find.

I went with UltraLife Red Slime Stain Remover and am happy with the results.