Rate my Aquascape

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by rodcpierce, Mar 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That's usually how it goes. :)

2. Click Here!

3. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Oh man that looks great!!! Third time definately is a charm for you. You get a 10 on that. It completely avoids the "wall effect", has plenty of places for coral placement and fish to hide in, along with lots of swimming room as well. Only question is, is it stable? If so, you win :D

4. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

i had 1 piece of rock fall, but i caused it by bumping it pretty hard when i was working in there. she is stable as can be now :)

1 person likes this.
  5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

That's what I'm talking about Rod!!!
    Nice job, as the wall effect is not very creative, natural or eye appealing, in my opinion.
    you can use plastic wire ties, epoxy or putty to fasten the rocks. As the corals add up and grow, if you have some problem areas with the rock work, many times the corals will help to connect the rock work, especially with certain soft corals.
    Once you get the rock to where you want it, you can play around with the powerheads and water movement to establish the best case scenario for your set up.
    Good luck and nice job, again!

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Oh, Rod...one other thing, I think you have enough live rock, atleast for now!!!
    Use that money to start getting some corals to get your reef under way!!! You have enough biological filtration, in my opinion!

7. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i like this new set up alot better, very good looking. i get tired of the wall of rock

8. Click Here!

9. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

That looks really good!!!! I hope you don't mind when I steal some of your idea when I aqua scape my tank.

10. rodcpierce

hey, thanks a lot guys!! and have at it! Reason for posting these threads it to give people ideas and help others out!

11. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

Hey Rodcpierce one more thing. What are the dimensions of your tank. I want to get an idea of how much rock I will need to get for mine which is 96x24x24.

Man once again that looks GREAT:Looking:

12. rodcpierce