Rate my Aquascape

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by rodcpierce, Mar 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

That looks quite nice... I like it

2. Click Here!

3. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Yeah,, like said above.. I made mine too steep in some spots and it makes it hard to place corals. 6 months later I'm still trying to figure out where to put stuff.

4. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Looks Great ... Like said above ... Another Reef Is born...!!!

5. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

Very nice looking tank, i'm jealous.

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Hey Rod
    Congrats on the new reef tank!
    The only thing that I can see is that if it were my tank, I would rework the rock so that it didn't look like a mirror image of itself on both sides.
    I would make sure that the rocks didn't touch the back glass for cleaning purposes and water flow to that part of your tank.The other thing I would do is open the rock work up so that it doesn't look like a wall. If you were to situate the rock so that you had an opening in the middle to make the rocks look like islands or atolls, it would make the tank stand out more, in my opinion. Many aquarists desing their rock work like a wall which is both too common and not as realistic and natural as that found in the wild.
    Again, this is just me as everyones taste is different.
    Best of luck to you!
    Happy reefing!

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

:stupid: What he said. He read my mind on it.

It looks really good. It has the common "wall" type look to it, and I always give brownie points to those who try to fight the wall. You'd also be hard pressed to put corals on the front face of it, but you nice spots due to the sloping sides. Spots close to the light, and far away, so that's good. There aren't a whole lot of places for fish to hide IN the rock, just behind it (which is still good...but my wrasse and coral beauty sleep in the rocks)

It's a good first aquascape. I know there are tons of things I'd love to change about the aquascape in our 46 gallon...but it's my mom's word over mine in that arena.

Since yours is really sturdy, that's extra brownie points. Ours had to be held together with globs of epoxy ::)

I give you an 8 out of 10 :)

8. Click Here!

9. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

ok guys, just redid the entire thing. LOL. I tried to take your guys suggestions into consideration and work with the rock I have. I have a couple decent shelve areas, and alot more holes and places for fish to hide in. Its still got the scale or steps down on the one side, but the other side it abit more heavy with rock. Its got more places to put corals/frags/etc and whatnot. Ill try and get pictures when I get home, since the water is pretty cloudy right now from stirring up the sand, etc.

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Pics pics pics pics :trampolin

11. Myocyte

Myocyte Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Looks awesome! Just remember, it is not going to stay that way. As you play with it, add things, perhaps remove dead things :-(, you will be changing it.

Have fun!

12. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone