Rate my Aquascape

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by rodcpierce, Mar 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

Hey guys, this is my first tank, and my first aquascape. Please do tell me what you think of it. There is 112 pounds of rock in the tank. I have a powerhead behing the rock to keep water flow going. I also think i have quite a few holes and crevices. Do you think there is sufficient place for corals, etc???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I think it looks great! Is it sturdy? Mine is similar but when I set up mine I put some rock too close to the side glass and now unable to clean some of the coraline algae there. You want space in between the side glass. As long as it does not fall it looks great. The only think I might add is a few smaller pieces in the front maybe for support if you need it and to give it more dimension.

4. MTips18

MTips18 Purple Spiny Lobster

just make sure its not to steep i had to re-do my rock work in a couple of spots because i had no spots to place anything

5. rodcpierce

6. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

7. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Aquascaping looks good, but now you see what I was saying about the lighting?

8. Click Here!

9. rodcpierce

yes bogie, I do, but there is absolutelly nothing wrong with it. hence why I left the ends blank. Ill put the low light corals in that area and the hard corals and everything else that requires tons of light towards the center. give me a few months and you will see that it will look awesome.

10. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I think it looks really good! lots of nice holes and caves and it looks like it'll have good flow. do you ever plan of getting an engineer goby? if yes, keep in mind, you'll need to make sure everything is very secure, for when the e.g. gets to engineering, he might accidentally collapse it. just something to think about a little down the line. I like it!

11. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Another reef is born!!!!!!!!!

12. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I think the rock look very good, but as others have mentioned, make sure it's not too vertical, you want some shelf areas for corals. It is much harder to place them on vertical areas.