Rare earth magnets

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by zesty, Jun 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

So, say I don't have any way to add a closed loop right now. I don't have $400 to spend on a wavemaker, I don't have $135 to spend on a jaebo wp40 or whatnot. (I know you're thinking, I'm in the wrong hobby!) hahaha

I spent 20 or 30 bucks on two maxijet 1200s w/ eco mod. I "think" they are good flow. I pointed them pretty much to meet in the middle of the tank. They chatter and occasionally fall off. I can live with the chatter, the falling off is unacceptable to me.

IS there anything else that would be better than suction cups and hooks?

Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Yes you can use the sure grip magnets.. They are made to work with the regulator MJ or MJs with Eco mods among other popular pumps. I have used them for a long time when I was using MJs. They go for aprox 20 bucks a pair and will never fall, and trust me don't get your finger/skin stuck between the two :eek:..don't ask how I know.hehe.

4. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Haha, I have a pack of them at work. It's gotten the occasional co-worker or two with some pinching! haha ;D

You know, I might just wait and bite the bullet and get those mounts. :-/