rapidled verse reefbreeders led thread

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by cosmo, Sep 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

We had to go a little slower, and over package them. Lets just say via priority mail, they dented a 10 pound metal fixture.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Yes sir, still playing with the color ratio on each to get them to match eachother better.

That sir, is a good day, solder, electricity, and then BOOMS;) Come on down.

Tomorrow I hope, i just use my iPhone though so I feel bad compared to most on here;), But there is a HUGE color improvement in the corals;)

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

They're here! Even though I don't have a rapid/boost unit to compare to,these are nothing less than impressive,came very well packaged,the unit is heavy and has a quailty feel to it,real nice Logan!

I just got done playing with and am having a hard time seeing what i'm doing now,but I think i'm gonna be very happy with these.

Pics taken with dimmers at lowest settings.

Attached Files:

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

congrats bro;) and lol about being blind;) makes ya feel kinda stupid huh???jk I now feel even dumber everytime I work on the lights because I never can see by the end;)

1 person likes this.
  6. grinder37

LOL,wasn't you always told that playing with stuff like that will make ya go blind.;)

Seriously though,yes they ARE that intense,so much so,they left me walking away from the table all woozy and disoriented.I'll wait till they're over the 65g before I mess with them again.

But like mentioned,I don't have any rapids or boost to compare with,but I can say they are FAR more intense than my 4bulb t5's.The fans are silent too.

Now,how will they do in the long haul? We will just have to wait and see.Right now,i'm just sayin i'm impressed.

1 person likes this.
  7. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

How do you still feel about them? And what model is this one? 36 inch?

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

nah 24" value series, and love them

10. grinder37

Yes the 24" value fixture.I did under estimate the intensity and bleached a few things at the top but since i've dimmed them down quite a bit,things have really started to take off (this is a new setup mind you).Love the color,corals "pop",fans still silent,great spread and depth on a 65 with no disco effect or spotlighting.I'm still considering this a short term review,but yes,I couldn't be happier with them and I now know not to stare directly into the lights anymore :cheesy:

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

hahaha

12. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

Thank you, this is great! We want a reef light for our 75. I haven't gone to reefbuilder.com to see what they all have. But I know I'll keep the lights close to the water because I have a very nice hood and I don't want my baby girl to look up and be blinded by the lights. So, since yours is the value fixture, there's no dimming? Just off and on, rihgt? We're fine with that. The fade is cool, but we like to keep things a little cheaper.