rapidled verse reefbreeders led thread

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by cosmo, Sep 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Don, give me a call! The fixture is great! I'm gonna give a slight nod to my rapid and boostled build, but it was $150 more for the equivalent set up, but this reefbreeders light is great! I am using a $14 Lowes dual daylight timer to control it for now;)

Which unit did you get? May need to hang it rather high for spread if its the same one I have

2. Click Here!

3. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I'll give ya a shout tomorrow,gettin ready to call it a night.But i ordered the bridgelux 120w 7 color full spectrum dimmables for over the 65 and am just itchin to see them!

edit-3 foot tank

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I'm gonna guess you'll be just fine for what you have in the tank, plenty of light in the middle and top, and lower levels on the exterior, I love mine, if ya decide ya need more light, I'll sell ya my now extra rapid system for cheap. Ya'd just have to add a potentiometer or controller, and I should be getting a controller back from boost soon. Let me know if interested. And if ya wanna bring the boy down to shoot let me know. Better yet, find a gun range in between and I'll meet ya;)

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

OK, after a few days, I'm def noticing an improvement in coral colors. The greens in my blastos and elegance are glowing, my orange ricordea is super orange and blue, my zoa's are showing more and brighter colors. Def worth it!;)

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Cool!!!Pictures please...;D

7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Wow nice looking tank had to lay down to see it though.LOL;D

8. Click Here!

9. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

10. Mpfaff77

Mpfaff77 Plankton

Yeah iPhone pics sent to iPad. Lesson learned. Take iPhone pics in landscape

Here is new one for ya.

Attached Files:

11. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

I wanna go shooting and LEDing, LOL. We just took a bunch of guide pics, and came up with an easy 10 minute mod to get more spread out of these fixtures. Thanks for posting a review thread!

12. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Lol,how'd I miss this post?But yea,from all the reading up i've been doing,looks like they'll be plenty and should do great with sps top center,all other corals spread out accordingly.I also went with the 120 optics just for that type of spread.

These pics so far are awesome!The vivid colors is :drool:

And yes,I swear,i'll make it down there soon ;),but 2 hour drive,kids and life pulling me in 6 different directions,i'm tryin dude!You don't think i don't wanna sling some lead outta that AK or what?:lol:

You know it.Just as soon as I got something to take a pic of.

I see my fixture has shipped,but apparently the "free shipping" wasn't next day air,was it?;) Kick your shippers in the pants,i'm not ready for them yet,but dying to check them out!