Rapid salinity drop, corals unhappy.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by jrwoltman, Sep 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

And why we are arguing then? Seems we are both in agreement.

However:

Unfortunately, in your above case, I would say the driver. You see, the car has a knock sensor. It would detect the engine knock caused by the too low octane gas, and would try to retard the timing to compensate. It can only retard it so far. At that point if it were still knocking, the check engine light would come on. The prudent thing to do would be to immediately stop driving the car, shut it off, and have it towed to a service center. They could read the codes stored in the computer and would be able to tell there is a fuel problem. The motor would not blow in the few seconds or so that it would take for the above scenario to play out. Now if you ignored the check engine light, and continued to drive the vehicle until the engine blew (because of the stresses put on the internal parts from putting a load on the knocking engine)........

In any event, the couple of dollars that a hydrometer costs seems insignificant in comparison to what the livestock costs. Everybody who has a saltwater tank should have (at the minimum) a hydrometer, or better yet, a refractometer.

Now the not returning phone calls. That needs to be taken care of by corporate/owners. That's not good for all involved.

2. Click Here!

3. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

Oops. Didn't see this until after I posted. I agree.

4. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Oh, mother of God! A 1988 BMW M3 does NOT have a knock sensor! So sir your example is pointless. As most other vehicle don't have.

I'm not arguing, just stating the facts... ;D

5. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

LOL. You got me on that one. :p

6. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I just bought 50g of water they said was 1.024... it was 1.030.

It made for an inconvient night because we needed the water pronto and didn't have enough RO/DI to bring it down.

When I went back the next day for RO/DI, they gave it to me for free, said sorry 20 million times. That's all I expected.

Over time some people can learn what the different levels taste like. My husband calls me a refractometer.... I'll get it right on the nose everytime. I called the 1.030 before we actually tested it. Practice it.... it's a cool skill to learn.

7. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

you wife could be an X-man. Your kids are going to have the super power to <<<<MAINTAIN ALKALINITY>>>> ....awesome

8. Click Here!

9. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Lol... so we agree to disagree.. ;D Good volley though..

10. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Maintaining alkalinity is an even better power than tasting salinity ;D

11. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

12. jrwoltman

jrwoltman Skunk Shrimp

Gazog, Pigs have flown!!!!!!!!! ;D