Rapid salinity drop, corals unhappy.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by jrwoltman, Sep 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jrwoltman

jrwoltman Skunk Shrimp

This time, absolutely, stress creator.

2. Click Here!

3. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

LOL, well maybe Pigs can fly and I hope for you they can! And as far as the question of whether it is a stress maker or stress reliever, well when its all going good you will understand why you went through all the stress getting it going!

1 person likes this.
  4. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Well the problem is, you bought 92 octane gas for your BMW, one problem is that the octane was 55 (I know they don't sell 55) & the engine blows? Who's at fault? The buyer when it clearly stated 92 or the sales person that pumped the bad 92 or even perhaps the place that supplied the gas?

The bottom line, they sold water that they CLEARLY stated was not correct. Their result, correct it went they put it in buckets!?!?! Did they test the water after the so called "corrected it"? My guess is no.

Regardless, they supplied it, sold it knowing it was off & assured it to him it was right! Then not returning calls & avoiding the customer is a complete INSULT!

I still agree, always test before adding water to your tank, regardless if you mixed it. It has a way of changing..

1 person likes this.
  5. jrwoltman

jrwoltman Skunk Shrimp

Thanks John.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  6. jrwoltman

jrwoltman Skunk Shrimp

Reeron, while you make a good point, it doesn't apply to my situation. I didn't buy the "wrong gas", I bought the "right gas." However, the "gas" I was sold was mislabeled and I unknowingly put it into my tank. Normally, I do not test my "gas" when I put it into my tank, I count on the "station" to sell me what I paid for.

In the future, I will be more vigilant and test all water before I put it into my tank. Unfortunately and naively, I have always assumed that when I am purchasing salt water, salt water is what I have been sold. Hey, I just realized, I have been defrauded........

7. ComputerJohn

LOL!!! That's it.. I now have to test all gas that I put into my trucks!! HAHAHA...

8. Click Here!

9. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

The difference I see in the analogy is the ease of testing for the salinity of the water vs the octane level of gasoline.

10. ComputerJohn

Hey for the right amount of money, I'm sure you can buy an octane meter too..

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Probably, but it's all relative. They're expensive compared to a hydrometer/refractometer, and the octane meter isn't required equipment when buying gas, while the hydro/refrac pretty much is required for a reef tank.

12. ComputerJohn

True, but I'm sure that people that need the fuel octane to be at a certain levels like race cars, dragsters, planes, etc have them. Again it's all relative. Spending $5,000.00 - $10,000.00 an a meter to protect a $40,000.00 to $500,000.00 engine is worth buying. ;)

Ok, enough about fuels.. LOL....