Rapid Led Questions

Discussion in 'RapidLED' started by Birdfeather, Mar 14, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birdfeather

Birdfeather Bristle Worm

Hey guys I'm finally about to bit the bullet on the rapid led kit. What I don't understand is how people go about choosing how many leds of each color they need for a full spectrum light? I'm going with 24 LED solder less kit I think and was thinking maybe 8 RB 11 CW 3UV 1 Green and 1 Red? I'm not sure if I should add any more of any color or any less of any color or add other colors like cyan. This is going on a 20H and yes I know this is way overkill but I plan on keeping it dimmed and hung above the tank until I upgrade to a larger tank, which will be sometime this year. Any feedback would be Greatly appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Birdfeather

Birdfeather Bristle Worm

Thanks for moving mods. Didn't even know we had this section :)

4. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

I think your color selection is fine, we personally like the color ratio used in the Onyx (esp for the supplemental colors) and it's pretty close: Onyx by Rapid LED - Rapid LED

Cyan is very similar to green so I'd just pick one of the two.

5. Birdfeather

Birdfeather Bristle Worm

Honestly I really like the onyx, if it was dimable I would definitely hop right on it. I wish I could find some pictures of the onyx setup on top of tanks. You guys should add some to your website :p

6. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

A dimmable Onyx will be available hopefully by the end of April (we'll have a more definite answer next week on delivery time), you'll need an Apex/Reef Keeper type 0-10V controller to control the 3 channels (blue/white/mixed) however. We'll be looking to add pics to our product description soon!

7. N00ZE

N00ZE Eyelash Blennie

Any updates to this? Rapid?

8. Click Here!

9. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

The units are in production now, we should be receiving them around 5/15-5/20 (exact ETA we'll know next week). Next week we'll have a pre-sale on the units as well, so we'll update this space with details ASAP.