Rapid DIY led questions

Discussion in 'RapidLED' started by tattooedsoul87, May 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tattooedsoul87

tattooedsoul87 Coral Banded Shrimp

I have a brace in the middle but its clear so I diddnt know if it would be a problem or not. I was gunna do 7cws and 7rbs to each driver. and I was planning on putting the 3 heat sinks into a canopy/fixture type thing I wanna build so it looks nice. Im not worried about independent color, I just want to be able to dim the whole thing down if I am acclimating corals and what not. and I was going to put some type of moonlights in between the heatsinks

2. Click Here!

3. tattooedsoul87

how would I connect 1 adapter to 3 pots

4. tattooedsoul87

actually I might try it this way I diddnt think of doing it that way. I guess it will be cool to be able to adjust the color. I diddnt care about that before but I guess it would be pointless to get the dimmable driver kit if I couldnt adjust the color

5. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

^^ oh clear brace! Thatd work, then!
    I did what I did and knowing being able to change colors as you wish, I can never go unable to do it. I think its worth the little hassle. You are gonna have to figure out how you place them and solder them anyway.

I just skimmed through some of the threads you made about this matter. I totally understand that you are a bit nervous about the "DIY" intimidation. Of course you have to be careful when you build it, but the good news is you have a canopy, so you can fix the heatsinks in the canopy when you are finalizing the wiring which is the great advantage IMO.

6. tattooedsoul87

thanks for the support. I am a bit nervouse but I have a few months untill I move out of my appartment and thats when I am doing the transfer from my 40 gallon to my 60 gallon, so I have alot of time to go slowly and do it right. Ill probably just be asking a ton of questions though since I dont want to make any very expensive mistakes lol.

7. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

I totally understand. I got a lot of help from fellow 3reefers here so Id like to do the same to others :)
    Just let me know if you need any help. Make sure you start the thread about it tho, just like I did ;)

You can just parallel them so each driver can have the same voltage from the wall wort.

8. Click Here!

9. tattooedsoul87

doyou happen to have a picture of what it looks like. haha

10. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

^^ you mean the parallel connection inside of the pot case? You bet!
    [​IMG]

And the diagram of it (courtesy of evolved). The last pic of the post.

11. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

You know you and evolved live in the same city, you might wanna drop him a line :)

12. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

[​IMG]

There! Photoshopped really quick, so you get some better idea for the future :)