Rant! .... (UPDATE! + New fish?)

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by NYGiants, Apr 25, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

FYI - McCoskers are Flasher Wrasses, and so do sleep in the rockwork in a mucous cocoon. Do you have any aggressive fish in the tank? It would be unusual for a Fairy or Flasher Wrasse to not come out at least during meal time...

2. Click Here!

3. NYGiants

NYGiants Coral Banded Shrimp

Sorry for such a long delay for an update guys...

Well here it is.... THANK GOD the Mcosckers wrasse came out of the rocks a day later and was swimming around normally like nothing had happened and remains to be out... Every now and then he'll go missing for a few hours but doesnt seem to be due to any fish bothering him... He's eating as much food as possible so I'm not worried about him anymore!

Also, I contacted BRS and told them about the bulbs... they gave me NO trouble at all and shipped out a new set to me... I should be getting these on Thursday... Keeping my fingers crossed they are all intact this time.... Also took the liberty to order myself a dual reactor plus some GFO and Carbon (hair algae outbreak which I need to put a stop to ASAP!!! Already took every rock out scrubbed them and put them back and see it growing agai)...

Oh... and I decided to push my luck and got myself a flame angel... I have a coral beauty in the tank and I know this is a BIG NO NO... but I left him in the acclimation box for a few days and let him out last night... the CB ignored the flame while he was in the acclimation box for the 2 days but when I let the flame out the CB definitely picked on the flame... I turned off the lights early and as of today it seems that they have worked things out!! They both mostly just ignore each other... saw them many times even swimming right next to one another and they could not care less... I'M ECSTATIC!!! Video coming up very soon!

Lastly, Thank you all for your concern and advice!

4. Pdxile

Pdxile Coral Banded Shrimp

The worse it starts out, the happier you are when it is resolved :thumb_up:

5. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

That's wonderful news! Glad to hear. :)

As for the Dwarf Angels, they should be fine. Looks like they have plenty of room and rockwork. IMOPE, that tends to help alleviate aggression.

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid