Random SPS

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by zesty, Jan 27, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

But that is a very cool image of your frag rack. Flame hawk image is my second favorite.

I always enjoy your images. :cool:

zesty likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Thanks to Corailline and now Zesty, Digitata is becoming a fascination of mine. I really need to find some for my tank.

Do you have a picture of this anywhere? I would love to see it!

4. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

That's because I cropped out the part covered in algae and fish poo. :eek:
    but thank you :)

You'll love it. It's very forgiving and the growth pattern is unlike any other SPS and you can find different colors but with the same erratic growth pattern (Did I just negate myself?) between the colors. I just picked up a pink and blue digitata frag and I'm patiently waiting for them to do their thing.

mdbostwick likes this.
  5. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

Not mine, but of the photos I scanned this one is really close to my coloration. I take terrible photos that never look anything like my corals.

[​IMG]

6. mdbostwick

That is pretty awesome coloration! I feel the same way about taking pictures of my coral. My pictures are always just awful. That is why there are not very many on my tank thread.

7. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

The lighting we use make it very tough to photograph. That and shooting through glass is also a challenge.

practice, practice practice. I take so many pictures, it's annoying. If anyone asks for a picture of my daughter, I say hold on and let me scroll thru dozens of coral pictures and oh wait, there's 4 pictures of Maddy. haha

Here is a good example of my phone being it's normal self. I'll take 4 pictures and all 4 will look different. So, I just take multiple pics... it's lazy, we're digital, eh who cares? My hard drive? However, out of the multiple pictures I take, one might actually look like what I'm looking at!
    If you can, open these in different tabs and compare the coloration.
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...Ryg/lN3HHLPUaL8/w1598-h899-no/0131151328f.jpg
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...Ry4/aTmLeZCoES4/w1598-h899-no/0131151329a.jpg
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...BRys/M_lvQuoSOxQ/w1598-h899-no/0131151329.jpg
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...RzE/CERdxWhb6bo/w1598-h899-no/0131151329b.jpg

8. Click Here!

9. mdbostwick

Those are all without changing the lights?

10. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Yup, they were taken seconds apart.

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

this made me laugh

beautiful pictures zesty - I'm with Corailline and really like the flamehawk picture - also really like the tube anemone - I've been hoping my LFS would get some in.

12. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

That second pic looks pretty good. Crazy the variation.