Radion Program Sharing

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by mikejrice, Nov 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rbsalthobby

rbsalthobby Plankton

Nice program for sharing...

** Updated April 9 2012: moonlight blue added after blue/red twighlight hour, which fades to sublte red before darkness. Same in morning - moonlight blue after subtle red startup **

From months of tinkering with color combinations, this modified "natural" program is quite pleasing to our family, so happy to share it.

For reference, I have a 120g DT (250g system) mixed reef, with two Radians mounted flush inside the canopy.

To accent the Radian colors with increased shimmer, I have installed two simple spotlights on from 12:30pm - 10pm. This makes the daytime really look like sunlight, and the evening blues really standout by contrasting narrow rays of sun shimmering down through the water. The spotlights are a Par38 12k from Marine Depot and a 5K LED from Home Depot.

My daylight period is 9:30am to 9:30pm. I have sublte color on until 2am and again starting at 6am. We like to see the creatures when up late on weekends and early on workdays.

The top three things I like about this program are (1) moonlight blues in early morning and late evening, (2) long gradual brightening in the morning with hint of green (as I think Ecotech orignally meant to have but this is much more ascetically appealing), and (3) blue/red evening (almost purple) which really pops the multi colors in the tank, especially the reds.

This template is easily adjusted to fit your lifestyle, tastes and tank.

If you find other interesting displays, please share!

Regards
    Richard

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Rockstar Reefer

Rockstar Reefer Astrea Snail

I'm having trouble importing any of these programs into my Radion. I'm not very good with computers at all.

Also when I have it on natural mode it seems to just do the day cycle. I'm not sure if I have to set up the night cycle separate.

Please help.

4. rbsalthobby

rbsalthobby Plankton

Need to save the Zip file, then unzip it. Inside the Ecotech software you will Open the .etp file.

You should then be able to modify this Artificial program to your liking.

If in Natural mode and you want moon lights, just click on then end of day point and instead of 0% intensity change it to say 3-4% and slide the Royal Blue to 100%, then save.

See if that works.

Regards
    Richard

5. Rockstar Reefer

Awesome it took me a day or so to figure it out. But I got it now. Thanks for the help.

6. Rockstar Reefer

So does anyone have an updated program they want to share? One that is producing results..

7. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

To get moonlights in Natural Mode, you can edit the end points within the program to set the intensity you want.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

anyone try to open any of these shared program files lately in the ecosmart config utility app lately? i cant get mine to open? it says i need a firm ware update but never completes and says "a fatal error occurred during the firmware update process. please connect the device and try a usb only firmware update"
    My software is up to date. so IDK
    anyone have any feedback?

10. crustytheclown

bump. no one. i was wanting to share some with a fellow reefer who just got a radion

11. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I never messed around with any program sharing. I just used the graph with the software and it does exactly what I want ;)

12. crustytheclown

these dont work anymore. they now have to be etg.files...fyi