Radion Program Sharing

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by mikejrice, Nov 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Cutch

Cutch Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have searched the threads and am unable to find a starting program for the radions. Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone have a tried starting program for the radions? I am replacing 2 175 mh on my mixed 75 gallon (sps, lps, softie). I know I need to start slow, just wondering about the mix, colors, ect. Even if someone may have a good link. Thanks in advance.

2. Click Here!

3. NYCTek10

NYCTek10 Plankton

Just got mine today... for some reason, the times keep changing. I want my day to start at 10am and end at 11pm. Anyone know why it gets changed automatically?

Attached Files:

4. Rickinferno

Rickinferno Plankton

Make sure you are in Artificial mode and that the light on the Radion is Blue. Also make sure once you enter you re start day time and start night time that you press on program group.

5. Antonbdp

Antonbdp Plankton

Hi all do you know if it is possible to interface the radion light via the vortex control to the GHL aquarium computer having the GHL control the lighting?

Also how many modules will I need for a 2m tank by 65cm by 60 cm.... Will 2 be enough?

6. 92reefer

92reefer Plankton

Opinions on the new Radio software/firmware updates?? Just downloaded but they haven't added moonphases to the natural mode, bummer!

7. jnicita

jnicita Plankton

Radions controlled via controller

I dont think anyone has the hardware to talk to the radions yet. Of course, since once radion can talk to another, we know its possible. Yet, no controls available from any of the controllers out there. I should be careful, as there is one controller that can control the Radions, the open source reef angel can, thats the benefit of having a small project with lots of people working on code vs. waiting for the big guys to release. Im waiting for my Neptune Apex WXM to be able to talk to it, and if the work over at reef angel is any indication, it shouldn't be too long. (The reef angel uses the same module that talks too and controls the vortech's to control the radion, so why not the DA and Neptune products eventually).

As for coverage, it seems that a nice 24x24x24 cube is whats considered "perfect" for a single radion, I'll let you do the us in to metric cm conversions.

8. Click Here!

9. jnicita

jnicita Plankton

check the first page, Mike released something close to what your are looking for, he called it his anti-GHA code, where he dropped the intensity to combat GHA, depends on what the output of your old system is, but if you are aware, you can simply use division to figure out what percentage of radion = your old light, but his code drops the intensity enough for you to start with at least.

-John

10. jnicita

jnicita Plankton

questions

Mike, or anyone using any of his code?
    I have a couple of questions. I got my Radion just after the natural implementation was added to the system, so right from day one, I had the option of natural or artificial. I am coming from a 89w JBJ PRO LED system (which I believe is just about 75-80% of a Radion at the 18" deep that tank is, but this is another question).

I'm just post cycle, and thus ran my system with no lights while doing a ammonia hydrodroxide (fishless) cycle. But after being able to take 3ppm ammonia down in 12 hours, followed by all the nitrite's down in another 12 hours, I decided to get ready to kick the lights on. Of course, I have tested them and basically took the defaults and dropped intensity down (I think) in artificial, as well as in natural (even easier).

Anyways, again, I digress, I slapped on Mike's anti-algae code knowing that its a start to work from, and that the intensity was dropped giving anything going to be transferred from one tank to the new tank no chance of being whacked. I looked at the code real quickly, just in the graphic screen, and I can see that their are clouds on the timeline at 5am, 6am, 8am, with what looks like rainy clouds and clouds at 11am, 3pm, and 5pm, and back to just clouds at 7pm, 11pm, 12am,5am.

I've been gone all day, but when I walked in the house this evening after work at 7:20pm (give or take 5 minutes), the system was flashing a blue look to it, when it wasn't flashing, it was 6500-9000k white light, with no blues in it, when it flashed, the blues were kicked in (I actually looked up at the Radion, seeing all white led's and then the flashes including the blue). This happened until about 7:30 pm or so, I figured maybe it was just lightening or something, but then I remembered that the program from mike, had only a 10% cloud probability, 0% storm probability, and that the light at this time was set to 100% royal blue, 100% blue, and 38% hyper red. (This was exactly at 7pm), moving off that into the 7pm hour, it's set to 100% all colors, at 20% brightness until 11:30pm. (BTW, my times are 6am Start day, with a 7pm start night, but ALL other settings are exactly as programmed in the anti-algae program from Mike), following the "flashing" the system went right into the blue color one would expect the code to show (very actinic looking).

So, I'm confused, #1, because I thought I knew how to read the code, and that I DON'T see any "flashing lighting in the code at 7:30) with the last rain looking clouds on the graphic display at 5:00 PM. I can imagine that maybe when you set the cloud or storm setting that maybe it keeps those settings until the "next" point on the graph (his code being 7pm where the next color/brightness setting takes place) and that the code actually needs to be set to have a start possibility and a end possibility. -> (ie: manually configure a setting at 13:00 with 15% clouds and then at 14:00 program a setting with 0% clouds which will equal a 15% chance of clouds during the 1pm to 2pm hour ONLY. As I type I get more confused.

I hope someone can help me understand this better, I ran the lights with my own start at 6am and night at 7pm with only moon until midnight for the last 3-4 days and didn't have ANY flickering or anything weird going on, so I'm hoping something didn't fail or go wrong with my system (I seriously doubt it, honestly).

But since I added Mikes anti-algae program to my lights and programmed with it only at about 8:30am, and was only home for 25 minutes, I can only assume that it was flickering multiple times during the day and I just don't understand how the code works and what its supposed to do and be programmed, I will find myself over to EcoTech to read what I already should have read, and see what I can find, but hey, since I used the code here, and I know others have, I figured this was the first place to ask.

Thanks in advance, I hope that Mike and others are monitoring this thread, as I don't have any days off for the next 4 days, and I forecast out by 7am and not home by 9:30pm until Thursday, so wont be around to monitor it, luckily, I have a wife and a teenage daughter I can ask to just notice what they see for me.

I took a small video on the iphone (which I know usually jacks up colors, so maybe not a good source, but I'll drop that to you-tube and link it in a few when I get the time to do that whole process).

Sorry, I DONT want to jack this thread, as soon as I can get some confirmation or imput, I will delete it if others think I should, I totally appologize, I just thought that posting here since this is the thread where I got the code from made sense, and I know Mike is monitoring it, I even found some links from ecotech's community forum pointing to this thread, so, again..

Anyways, rather than embed, I'll just link to my quick video.

flickering as I came home, notice color of light without flicker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_CWH05_dno

a couple of minutes after I noticed that the flickering had stopped (it ran for 3-4 minutes or so).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuUQ5aBahuw

Thanks

John

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  11. jnicita

jnicita Plankton

wow, guess everyone has checked out from this thread? Anyone else know where to find some help and a more active thread about radion program sharing?

Thanks

12. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Sorry bud, I just use the custom graph and build my own points.