Radion Program Sharing

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by mikejrice, Nov 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lokko21

Lokko21 Astrea Snail

Cool thank you very much.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. SamCapone

SamCapone Plankton

Mine is full power. have a 400 liter aquarium. 65cm deep.

4. mrbadfish

mrbadfish Plankton

I have had mine for 2 weeks and am finally ready to get them up in the morning, (had to find the time to modify my canopy). So which of the programs listed is best for an acclimation? I have a mixed reef, softies, LPS and SPS in a 120 gallon using a 150MH, (hence the need for the upgrade lol. I think I wanna start around 40% with a sunrise sunset. Should I just use natural at 40% intensity or is one of these programs better?I am soooooo stoked to have found this thread by the way, thanks guys!!!

5. Rickinferno

Rickinferno Plankton

I started with Natural mode at 55% and then gradually brought it up to 90% over 2 months time. But I did start a brand new setup so most of the corals I have are new!

Good luck setting them up you will see how amazing these Radions are :)

6. Lokko21

Lokko21 Astrea Snail

Amazing

Got mine yesterday and hang it while my wife went to ikea, she loved it, it looks truly amazing.
    Ok I'm running natural mode, my question is how many programs can I load, I know I have Natural and Artificial, lets say I want to load Mike's graph, how would I select it and how do I know is Mike's, holding cycle switches from Natural and Artificial right blue and green and I guess taping it's for colors, so how do I know is Mikes's...???
    Thanks guys this light it's awesome.

Another ?? I tried feed mode yesterday my pumps went to feed mode but the Lights went off it's this how feed mode works or I'm doing something wrong.??

7. Racinrevo0818

Racinrevo0818 Plankton

Don't think the lights should go off. Feeding mode should be holding down both increase and decrease buttons till you hear a beep. I think you must have had your fingers on all 3 buttons turning the unit off. Sweet unit just stinks you have to get out the usb all the time wish it was wireless and would work on a mac. Yes I know you can use a mac if you have windows but that defeats the whole reason in buying an apple product.

8. Click Here!

9. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

It can be done wirelessly.
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/led-aquarium-lighting/controlling-radion-wirelessly-129611.html#post1288899

10. Ecotech Lover

Ecotech Lover Plankton

Found this site tonight trying to find some custom programs for my Radion's...this is awesome!!

Anyway on to my question. I have 3 Radion's hovering over my 180g and I am having issues with programing. Seems when I try to use one of the programs listed here that it wont program to my group. It loads the program, I use inherit group schedule but it will not program each light nor the group...anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers!

11. oki_reefer

oki_reefer Astrea Snail

Use the Tools menu bar and Program System. This is what I had to do, not the program group button. Also found that if I want to program in Artificial, make sure the led on top of the units are blue, if programming in Natural, press the center button to change the top led to green.

12. DTIAqua

DTIAqua Plankton

Some Programming help

Hi all, I maintain tanks for customers, and I noticed I am unable to play with the programming when I do not have the lights connected. This is a problem being that I do not physically have the lights at my disposal. I have a customer that doesn't understand too much about the importance.. or lack of importance of light, but he pays the bills and it's his tank.

He owns a 90 gallon that previously had a dual retrofit 250 watt halide and 96 watt actinic setup in a canapy I raised up 4" with fans I installed. This worked great for five years, but heat was always a concern. I have built him a nice 10" wide wood stand that sits 4" above his tank now with two openings for the lights and a half-inch lip so the lights cannot accidently fall into the tank. I started him out with a natural mode which over the day puts out less light then the halides did. The spread looks great and I sighed a relief that it worked and everything fit just right.

My customer, not understanding the light modes as much, requested an hour in the evening when the lights would go from yellow, to green, and to blue, not so much for the corals as much to have a cool effect. I know this is not what the corals my want, but I was able to compromise him down to an hour instead of weird "****" happening all day long.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this and create a program for me. I like something similiar to the natural mode, but I'd prefer some night light. In the evening from 6-7, I wanted to have an hour where the lights alternate from yellow to green to blue, and then settle into a low blue much like lunar lights would do.

The corals he has are tough and have been through a lot. I respect them as the animals they are and I am crossing my fingers that they will adjust to this ... oddity of lighting.

If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it. I am stuck with not being able to play with programing and yet he still expects me to bedazzle him with this programming.

Scott