Radion Pro vs. ReefBreeders 32"

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by bhazard, Jan 23, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

hmm, I have 2x 16" controllable units and once i open the case, the electronics and such are attached to the top part of the case while the heatsink and LEDs are attached to the bottom. The electronics are then attached to the heatsink with multiple wires. I would have to disconnect all these wires to get to the heatsink, and then remove all the screws attaching the heatsink to the bottom of the case in order to access the optics. Am I missing an easier way of doing this? I am fairly handy but am scared to mess something up completely disassembling this.

2. Click Here!

3. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Mark the wires going to the board with colored sharpies, for the wires going to the controller, they will be marked with wax. They are very easy to disassemble, I swapped optics on a few units today actually. As long as you do not break something in the process, the warranty is stil covered.

4. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

thinking of setting up a new 150 gallon cube, 36X36X26 would one 32" be enough for sps or will two be needed for front to back coverage?

5. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

I would get 2 with 90s, like you said, for front to back coverage. That would allow for an sps dominant tank.

6. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Old thread but.. any updates on a clustered unit?

7. frankdontsurf

frankdontsurf Astrea Snail

I thought of this and two things came to mind... 1) that LED cluster is *really* expensive, even if you order parts in volume - that means it would be expensive to the buyer. 2) that LED config is ridiculously over powered, you could easily bleach your tank..

jedimasterbed would have a reason for that..

I was going to message you on that other forum and ask you how much would it run me if you made a knock off of the evil cluster but for a 20x20x18 and smaller (10, 14, 20, 29 gallons).. Mad Reef Breeder Killer Config.