R/O Filters

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Rich D, Nov 15, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rich D

Rich D Plankton

I had posted a thread in the newbie section about what kind of filters to put into my home R/O system to utilize it for a reef setup. ( with little response )

It is a two stage system and just want to find out what two filters to put in them and if I can get them at Home Depot or do I need to go to my lfs.:-/

2. Click Here!

3. My2heartboys

My2heartboys Fire Worm

Rich, did you ever get an answer to your question? Where did you buy your R/O unit?

Anne

4. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

I use a 4 stage system that produces 50g/day.

5. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

4 stage 110 g/day. Real production is more like 75 with our water pressure. Try filling a 300 + a 160ish sump with something smaller. ::) It still took a week. :tongue4:

6. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Wow thats not a good turn around , what is your city water pressure? My city water press. is 60psi and it took 10hrs to fill my 30gal. drum. I have a 6 stage RO/DI filter.

7. GraviT

GraviT Coral Banded Shrimp

I would first check to see what filters are in the 2-stage setup. Is it 1 pre-filter then the RO membrane?

Mine is a 100 GPD, 5 stage RO/DI setup. I usually buy my replacement filters online.

8. Click Here!

9. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

Rich, a little more info if you have it. Do you know the make/model of the filter you have? Can you post a picture of it? With this info we might be able to answer you original question a little better.

Mike