Quick pvc Question

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by luvreefs23, Mar 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Im in the process of putting together my sump/plumbing for my 90 gallon. First time ever running a sump so a little confused and nervous about breaking stuff. I have my baffle secured to my all glass 90 over flow and my question is, is it alrite to cement the pvc to the baffle and should i do so with the baffle secured to the tank? I am gonna have a ball valve also so it would be impossible to feed the ball valve thru the hole of the tank trying to put the baffle in. I just dont wanna push on the baffle on the tank while i cement the pvc to it in fear of breaking glass on bottom of the tank. Help is appreciated....faster i can get this stuff cemented in the quicker i can get water and pics up! Thanks again

Dennis

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Not sure what you mean by Baffle secured to the 90 ? is it a 90 sump ?

4. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

im assuming the baffle is the overflow. bulkhead fittings go in the hole.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

After all the guys I have hired over the yrs I never assume anything LOL I have had hired some card toting plumber's and electrician's to mis-identify a fitting or part LOL . Not to mention what I have had some helpers to say . ::)

6. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

luvreefs23: can you post some pics so we can all see what your talking about, that way tangster doesnt have to belittle people to make himself look better.

7. GeejEx

GeejEx Skunk Shrimp

Repost of this guy's set up video. He glues the L to PVC then seats it, rather than trying to torque the L onto the PVC after being glued to the baffle.

YouTube - Reef Tank D.I.Y. Sump part 1

8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Like with assuming anything I'd never belittle anyone , If I ever did and those that I have it was to their face not over some cumputer connection .

10. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

Hey Dennis im also unsure as to what you mean ,however if your meaning Bulkhead aposed to baffle it make sence to me then and you could try to use it up the other way so the treaded side and nut is inside the tank/overflow and then you could put the b/valve onto the outside and remove the bulhead still if needed it the future.
    Hope that helps

11. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

He is asking if you can cement PVC onto the bulkhead while it is in/on glass ;) so yes, just dont get aggresive with it, or if it makes you feel safer, you can take it off, glue bulkhead to pipe, and place back in.

12. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Hey guys, yeah sorry about that. I did mean bulkhead. I didnt wanna break anything pushing the pvc into the bulkhead from underneath while cementing it. I imagine tho that theres no way around it seeing how i have to glue the ballvalve under the tank. I guess theres no way around it. Just never have done it and dont wanna break my tank.