Quick Ich Question

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Bunner, Apr 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Beamerhack

Beamerhack Coral Banded Shrimp

Just keep good water conditions.

If you want to try a product I would get "The Fish Keeper" it is a all natural way to boost your tanks Biological and the fish immune system as well.

I have had ich 3 times while putting new fish in. 2 days of that stuff and it goes away FAST.

2. Click Here!

3. DrewGritz

DrewGritz Flamingo Tongue

I agree with Beamerhack - I just bought that stuff and it seriously boosts everything for the fish - they are super active and are really healthy...

4. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

my water parameters are usually pretty solid. the salanity may move up or down +/- 2 ppt or the pH moves up and down base on day/night. Other then that things are going well im my tank..so far.

5. Da_Gopherboy

Da_Gopherboy Fire Shrimp

I'd recommend doing a Quarantine under hyposalinity on your fish while their still healthy. Do it for six weeks, allow those little ich buggers to pop, and you'll never have ich again unless its re-introduced. Freshwater dips, that I've seen performed, just stress fish really bad (though it will kill ICH while its in its free floating stage), and doesn't get rid of the white spots as their protected by the fish's mucas membrance.

Products that say they are used to boost immune system responses may work, and may work well! However the underlaying problem is the parasite in there. It might be wise to nip it in the butt while your guys are healthy, rather than have a major outbreak and put them at risk.

-G

6. Fish76

Fish76 Fire Worm

Yeah, I second the QT and hypo. I just had a really bad case of ich about 2mon ago, it's a nasty parasite. Even though you don't see it, it's probably in a different stage in its cycle and will reappear. I agree that excellent water conditions and proper feeding to boost immune sys helps and is pro-active, but is all dependent on how your fish reacts, cause it only takes one fish w/one ich parasite to create hundreds of free floating ich to repeat the cycle (and sometimes you don't even see the ich on the body cause it's in its gills).