Questions about a new tank

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Benjamin, Jul 17, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You know JPfish just asked about pics the other day. You need to be able to upload a pic to a server and get the URL to the pic on the server and paste in between image tags in your message here.

Internet Service Providers often give free space to people that sign up. Look into yours. If that is not an option, try opening a photo gallery page through yahoo or msn.

Kinda a pain in the ass. This makes me want to open a photo gallery page here that you can upload to. I will look into it.

BTW, was the rock wrapped in newspaper or just bagged?

later!

matt

2. Click Here!

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Astrea Snail

rock was wrapped in newspaper. Is this good or bad?

Benjamin

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

the liveaquaria is that dr fosters? i got some lr from there before they changed to dr fosters it was petwharehouse at the time. it was nice lr and after a while of being in the tank i have found tons of life on it i also have bought fresh lr also. the mo stuff had nice corraline growth. even though it is wrapped in newspaper there will be a lot of die off due to shipping. one thing i did was clean off any sponges that was on the rock the rest i left go. any sponge once exposed to air will die no matter what and will take a long time to dissapear which can make more ammonia than what you might want. i would reccomend removing them but leave every thing else. if you give it time just about anything that was on the rock will eventually grow back. i removed the sponges as i said now i have q tip sponges, yellow and white ball sponges growing back plus a large encrusting white one.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Astrea Snail

The liveaquaria place is dr fosters. When they ship their stuff it comes in a box labeled petwarehouse.

Benjamin

6. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

you should be happy with it. is there a lot of corraline on yours? the only thing is some of the pieces were kind of small and hard to stack. i got some fresh lr locally they were decent size pieces and used that as a base and stacked the smaller pieces around it and it came out pretty nice. also with adding fresh rock after the cycle you can end up with more diversity in the tank with getting different rock from different places. just an idea for you to go with

7. Benjamin

Benjamin Astrea Snail

there was quite a bit of purple corraline on the rock I got. Like you said, a couple of the pieces were a little small and that made it a little difficult to stack, but there were some pretty big pieces in there as well. I was planning on probably buying the rest of my LR from my LFS, and just get what I want, just trying to keep my cost down and got pretty lucky.

Benjamin

8. Click Here!

9. Benjamin

Benjamin Astrea Snail

10. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

benjamin i tried the link and said owner has disabled public viewing and no pic youll have to keep trying

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Astrea Snail

This is getting on my nerves, could someone try it again, I think I may have it

Benjamin

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Works now.

Let me try to post it:

[​IMG]