Question for Concealed Carry guys

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Feb 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

haha I'm actually pretty happy with the Uncle Mike's one I currently have. I am sort of looking into the Smartcarry holsters though. They are by far the most concealed IMO. I'm just not sure how easy they would be to draw from.

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

they calling those 'smartcarry' these days? I got mine when they were called Thunderwear and I always call them Thunderpants.

I love it. If I'm wearing heavy pants, I use something more traditional. But when I'm wearing lightweight pants (like running type pants or something), which I do a lot of in the heat, I really like these as a normal holster would just pull my pants down :p

I let the butt of the gun sit above the pants line and cover it with my shirt. Practice makes perfect of course, but I would have no worries I couldn't out draw a villain.

Sometimes I wear it on my side too... You can really do anything. I've had mine for several years. Few months back I had the strap taken in as it had stretched out a bit from the weight of the weapon.

4. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

Hey, Ivan
    How are you liking that slim? I've checked them out at a few shops. I've had a bad experience with Taurus but have heard good reviews on the slims and the 800 series. I've found their customer service is a joke so I'm considering trading in my 24/7 .45ACP on a Kahr CW9 I've had my eyes on.
    For EDC Ill have either my XD9 or SigPro .40 in a Tagua IWB at about 3:30 with a Tagua spare mag carrier at either about 4:00 or 8:00 depending on what I'm wearing.

5. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I don't conceal my guns, but I carry my S&W 4043 everywhere I go when I'm working, or know I'm going somewhere unsightly. At home I keep my Colt New Agent next to my pillow...a "just-in-caser."

6. Reefie

Reefie Plankton

How are you liking the Taurus? I am looking at their millenium pro .45 as my carry weapon. The Beretta 92FS I have is way to big to carry....IMHO

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I love it! I've put about 200 rounds through it so far and it has fluently fired every single time. It really is "slim" too. I can be wearing just a tshirt with my holster at about 2:30 and it is completely concealed. It is also small enough to fit nicely in my pocket, but still not a "pocket pistol".

Accuracy is pretty good too for just a 3 inch barrel. At 15 yards I can get 8" groups pretty easily. And this is my first handgun, so I am by no means a good shot yet haha I'm sure it can group better than that with someone more experienced.

The gun is also very easy to take apart and clean. I am overall satisfied!

Ivan

8. Click Here!

9. Jim522

Great to hear. Taurus gave me a bad impression when I started having problems with my 24/7 which was the first handgun I purchased a few years back. Lately I've heard they've really cleaned up their act. There are still a few Taurus' I would be interested in owning (slim, 845, and judge) if I find they clean up their craftsmanship and customer service.

And keep up the practice. 8 @ the 15 isn't bad but I'm sure you can do better. I try to put at least a thousand rounds through any new gun before I trust it enough to carry.

10. Jim522

A few of my little guys. Didn't feel like pulling out the shotguns or rifles:p[​IMG]

Here's my EDC rigs. Either the XD9 or SigPro .40.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]